– Is the War of Northern Aggression still making us sick?
– The list. Either it’s a boycott list, or a list of your new favorite places to shop.
– Oh look. More yellow signs around town.
– Gird your loins. 51 days ’til the primary.
– NY miners rescued from stuck elevator. Miss Jessica, we need a detailed accounting of your whereabouts Wednesday night.
– Where’s the tin foil?
– Putting the Bucks into Starbucks.
– What goes around, comes around.
– The Force, coming soon to a Walmart near you.
– Guessing Sheldon will have to buy a new t-shirt.
– Found a saving partner Hutcheson Medical Center did.
– Boat ramps, boat ramps. To a dark place this line of thought will carry us.
– The silverware hide we must.
– Common sense this judge had.
– Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is.
– Gave away the farm, he did.
– Clear your mind must be if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot.
– For the blind, new hope there is.
– Join us, you can.
– Ding! Dong! Let’s hope the witch is dead!
– You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
– Gotta get that snow fix somehow.
– Will someone, somewhere, please do their homework?
– Not that rumor again.
– What? Vox and Glenn Reynolds in agreement? Harmonic convergence, or something.
– Stonehenge was moved?
– FiveThirtyEight’s election predictor thingy.
Our little family moved from Jonesboro to Douglas County back in the 1990’s. On our first visit to the local BBQ joint, my then six-year-old turned up her nose and sniffed like a NYT food critic, “It’s not Dean’s.”
In every BBQ contest and ranking and internet flame war, I have trumpeted the delights of Dean’s for many years. You will never find better. But now time is running out.
The bastion of BBQ in Jonesboro is closing it’s doors on December 31.
Debate all you want the merits of sauces (Mustard! Get thee away from me!), the depths of smoke rings, the sweetness of porcine cuisine. Just talk amongst yourselves. I’ll be in Jonesboro, standing in what will very soon be a very long line.
– Mayor Reed under fire.
– Swimmin’ pools and movie stars. (Sigh.)
– And the circus begins…
Nobody Everybody saw this coming.
– RIP Alex Cooley
– Not The Onion. SecDef Ash Carter opening all combat jobs to women.
– The gaffe heard ‘round the world.
– Is the cigarette-smoking man back?
– Just… creepy. (watch out for autoplay!)
– Batman vs. Superman.
– Not the Onion, again. CNN Christmas report on… Satanists.
– Now we all don’t have to resort to looking like Joan Rivers. Just take a pill, sweetie.
Like most folks of a certain age, Thanksgiving conjures happy memories of snoring, comatose adults on couches while the kid’s touch football game unfolds outside. After all, it’s not fun until somebody bleeds, right?
These days our betters want to commandeer our Thanksgiving mealtime conversations to topics they believe are more important. As if the day wasn’t already filled with loony relatives and burned casseroles.
Our buddy Ace comes to the rescue with the ultimate guide on how deal with the crazies. Read and enjoy. And comment on which strategy works for you.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
– UGA sororities speak against the Safe Campus Act.
– The Eye of Sauron turns upon a Georgia Southern student.
– With these new toys, just watch. It won’t snow.
– Are we talking about the DOT or the Department of Revenue here? Hard to tell.
– “Earnings pressure” is finspeak for “hemorrhaging money.” Blame Obamacare.
– That’s some mighty thin skin there…
– Happy New Year, early.
– Hear no
– Lurch’s mouth is a diplomatic incident.
– Run away! Run away!
– I knew it!
– NAACP sues Hancock County over voter rolls.
– Savannah ginger farmer makes Oprah’s Favorite Things list.
– Georgia Veterans Hall of Fame adds fifteen inductees.
– Atlanta’s 40 under 40.
– Does this make Hillary a Material Girl?
– Sounds like those Reidsville City Council meetings, doesn’t it?
– No, his name isn’t Oscar.
– Follow the bouncing ball (this guy wins the internetz this week).
– The House that Julia Built.
– Spook stuff.
– What is the November Witch?
– Now really, who would have thought this would happen? (Bonus points – there’s Stefan’s bridge!)
– Callaway Gardens closing historic sites.
– And not a single Peach Pundit contributor among them.
– That was quick.
– Pentagon farmed out its coding to … Russia? Fox in the hen house.
– This sounds like a good idea.
– What he said.
– And not a single Peach Pundit contributor among them.
– Is Obamacare really collapsing?
– Ok, now that we’ve got transparent aluminum, when do we get the replicators?
– Storm the Capitol!
– How to spot a fake congressman.
– Hooking up Cobb and Cuba?
– Columbus whistleblower sues.
– Speed traps filling city coffers.
– Then there were six. +/- four. Or five. Who’s counting?
– How’s that 15 minutes of fame working out for you?
– These are not the forward thinkers you are looking for.
– Inconvenient data.
– The latest game rage: Room Escape.
– What’s next for Uber?
– A very important week in college football.
– Friendship Baptist breaks ground.
– Take that, NY.
– Brunswick gets a lot of clams.
– Transcript of yesterday’s Benghazi hearing.
– Polls are for strippers and … what just happened? Now they all will go on a book tour.
– Warm this.
– This is not the bad guy you’re looking for.
– And if you’re the only one left on the planet who hasn’t seen it,
– Will the former Fire Chief get a trial?
– How to not make The New York Times.
– Funny business down in Reidsville.
– Despite tensions, Georgia choir tours Israel.
– Ben Carson suspends campaign…wait…what?
– You knew it was too good to be true.
– These are not the nukes you’re looking for.
– So many “gates,” so little time.
– Put this on my Christmas list.
– Lost cities found.
– Heading to the UGA/Bama game? Be prepared for worse than usual traffic/parking challenges.
– About those streetcars…
– A novel idea. Then you don’t have to worry about the racoon biting you after it starts your car. Except all the blood and stuff.
– Two Georgia women make Top Banker’s list.
– The NYC City Council did what? At least they’re not Reidsville.
– Lando’d again.
– Grandma zaza is the bomb, but she’d probably be blocked from Bernie’s Twitter feed.
– Oh my.
Random Everywhere, even Out There:
– Whose idea was this?
– Feeling paranoid?
– The Truth is Out There.
PSA: Three months ’til Christmas! #PANIC
– Herschel sculpture shaping up.
– Sure, why not.
– Fat cat sighting at the Capitol.
– Sure, a new coat of paint fixes everything!
– The MAGIC question.
– Does this mean there will be a fire sale on BMW’s, too?
– Give it a rest, sweetheart.
– Maybe it was too hot…
– Peak Media Embarrassment.
– Pluto. (Not the dog.)
– See, you finally get to use some of that math you learnt in school.
– GT is building and building some more.
– Namin’ and shamin’.
– The Bulloch House is making a comeback. (Can’t wait!)
– In other words, the traffic in South Fulton will be awful this weekend.
– Vote early, vote often. Who won the clown show?
– Chile had a really big one.
– Of course, he’s going to run.
– Shutdown Theater, the Sequel.
– 34th Annual Savannah Jazz Festival, just shorter.
– A different slant on the latest GOP debate.