Morning Reads – Thursday, December 17, 2015

On this date in 1953, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) decided to approve RCA’s color television specifications.

Jimmy Carter

Sweet Tea

Liberty Drum

1. Noway says:

Not even allowing “A Charlie Brown Christmas.” Why am I not surprised? Gotta stop those Bitter Clingers.

2. Enjoy the Silence says:

“16 Year Old takes on Planned Parenthood”

I guess we have learned nothing from the folly of CJ Pearson.

That article is chock full of propaganda.

• Will Durant says:

I’m a big fan of the 6th (Pastoral). The 5th has become my own “No Stairway, Denied”. Egmont Overture is on my get-off-your-arse-and-work playlist.

• chefdavid says:

In concept I am for that. Where the problem in that lies for the folks that aren’t what I call super crazy. Maybe just a little depressed scared to go to the docter and getting help for fear of loosing their guns or not being able to purchase in the future. I don’t know what the solution is there.

• Will Durant says:

I’ve stated on here before that I grew up in Georgia and we had a nest of long guns behind the door on the back porch. I once had my butt whipped for pointing a toy gun at my brother. I got sent back to the truck for not putting my .22 on safety while I side-stepped around after a treed squirrel circled a tree trunk and took away my initial shot. I am uncomfortable being around other people who are walking around strapped that I don’t know have been similarly brought up or trained. In Israel many years ago the lack of muzzle discipline in their mandatory one-year conscripts made my skin crawl more than once. Even in trained police officers we still have occasional accidental shootings like the infamous DEA guy in front of a classroom.

I have no problem with something more than a no-felony record being in reality the sole qualification to carry. In lieu of class for the stupid or untrained can we at least require a written test to weed out the most stupid? Then perhaps require a class if you don’t pass?

It’s a moot point anyway as this bill will never see the light of day.

• Noway says:

Had a similar upbringing, Will. As you point out, there are ADs even among the highest trained of police officers. I had to investigate one of my own agents who had an AD cleaning his Glock. And prior to coming to the State Dept he had been an Army firearms instructor. He blew off a good chunk of the tissue in his hand beneath his pinky finger as he was disassembling it. One in the chamber. That being said, I do not support any restriction whatsoever of a non-felon adult wants to buy a pistol. I even want the age to be lowered to 18. I am a literal advocate of “…shall not be infringed.”

• Will Durant says:

As you know there is no permit required to purchase a firearm in GA. I am strictly speaking to the carry permit.

I know it is a given that there has to be political histrionics to any perceived infringement of the 2nd. However it is no more sacred than any of the other constitutional rights to me and as I stated earlier this week they all necessarily have to retain some limits. What if someone wanted to practice a religion involving human sacrifice? I happen to think we are allowing a similar loss of life by being too liberal with our current limits on the 2nd.

3. Three Jack says:

Deserter/traitor/scumbag Beau Bergdahl will finally face a court martial for leaving his post without authorization –

So if he gets the justice he deserves, (life in prison since they did not seek death) will Obama invite his parents back to the Rose Garden on the day of the traitor’s sentencing?

Of all the bad things this president has inflicted on us since 2008, trading 5 terrorists for this traitor has to be in the top 3.

• Three Jack says:

He will be held out of general population if he is convicted. But I like the way you think.

One other option, his buddy Obama could include him in the annual list of pardons usually announced around this time.