Former Congressman, and now GAGOP Foundation Chairman, Jack Kingston laid out the accomplishments that the Georgia Republican Foundation has made over this past year in an email sent out today. Specifically, he highlights what has been accomplished in the last four months since his appointment:
- We’ve grown from 8 members to 78 members, which includes more than 30 who have given far more than the requested amount.
- Secretary of State Brian Kemp became the first statewide Constitutional officer to join us and Tom Price became the first Member of Congress to join.
- Eight state legislators have joined, including Senators Burt Jones, Jack Hill, Bill Cowsert, Tyler Harper and Josh McKoon and State Reps. Regina Quick, Terry England, and John Meadows.
- Three local Republican parties – Jackson and Fulton Counties and the 9th Congressional District have joined the Foundation.
- We’ve hosted receptions for Foundation members with Rep. Buddy Carter, Rep. Lynn Westmoreland, Sen. David Perdue, and State House Speaker David Ralston where our members hear from elected officials in a relaxed setting that allows for conversation, and question and answer not usually possible at other GOP events.
The Georgia Republican Party has had some financial challenges, but, in spite of what detractors of the current GAGOP administration, efforts are ongoing to boost Party coffers through the various Georgia Republican Foundation events, encouraging Republicans in Georgia to become Foundation members, and asking for contributions from the grassroots.
Jack has been a tremendous asset to the Georgia Republican Party. The work that he has done for the Georgia Republican Foundation is much appreciated. Thank you, Jack!