CJ Pearson Says He Is No Longer A Conservative

Thirteen year-old CJ Pearson, who gained more than 100,000 Facebook fans for his homemade videos criticizing President Obama, told CNN that he is no longer a conservative, saying he was concerned about the GOP’s positions on racial issues.

“I was tired of being a champion of a party that turned a blind eye to racial discrimination. Tired of being a champion of any cause that denies equal rights to every American. Tired of being a champion of a party that doesn’t care about the issues important to young people,” Pearson wrote in an email.

“Over the past few days, I thought about essentially how I don’t want people to follow me because I’m that anti-Obama kid, or who called out Hillary Clinton or who took Bernie Sanders to task,” Pearson said. “I don’t want to be the conservative wonder kid that people follow because I make them feel good and like young people are part of their movement. I want to be followed because I’m the voice of a generation that doesn’t have a voice at the table.”

One of the reasons Pearson cited for leaving the conservative movement is that he felt his fans would not appreciate his speaking out on racial issues, including the alleged shooting of Laquan McDonald by Chicago police, according to the CNN story.

Pearson’s celebrity has had its ups and downs. In July, he got into a Twitter argument that may have been contrived. In September, he claimed he had been blocked on Twitter by President Obama, a claim that was quickly discredited, and for which he later issued an apology.

Until early November, Pearson had been chairman of “Teens for Ted” Cruz.

Earlier this week, Pearson announced he was running for the chairmanship of the Georgia Teen Republicans.

1. SnarkyRINO says:

Ironic after CJ insisted that he wouldn’t quit on being chairman of TRs half way through the year like he did the chapter he allegedly started last year.

I just have a hard time believing that 3 days after anouncing your running for the chairman of TRs that you’re all of a sudden going to “leave conservatism” (whatever that means; you leave a party, you can’t leave a ideology. Your political theory has to be different for a change in ideology…..unless that means CJ was lying about being a conservative because of the fame…..nah that can’t be it. Where was I? Oh that’s right). This is nothing but another media pull by someone who can’t even vote. This is the problem of lifing up young people below the voting age up on a mountain like they’re a profit of an ideology. Nothing against CJ but he’s still got 5 years till any of his youtube video rants will mean anything. I got into politics when I was the same age, and 10+ years later I haven’t made one youtube video or media appearance but I can guarantee you I’m more respected and influential than he ever was when he was the flavor of the month.

• Feeling the Bern says:

Google Conservative Translator: He was our darling as long as he agreed with us. When he points out the same obvious foibles that the I’s and D’s do about the R’s, he is but a mere child, worthy of a chuckle headed dismissal.

When he was Flavor of the Month you used him for your propaganda. Now that his eyes are open as is most of us other Americans, he is your worse nightmare.

You people are really something else.

• SnarkyRINO says:

No, he was never my darling. I hate the kid. Always have. He needs to be doing his homework and riding his bike, not youtubing about complex political issues he has an elementary understanding of.

If he was as poltically smart as everybody says he is, he’d use his platform to have a conversation with his “followers” about the racial problems in this country. But like the child which he actually he, he’s running away from having the conversation making him no better than the majority of those in the party which don’t want to have the conversation either.

• Baker says:

I’m disappointed and definitely don’t “hate the kid.” He’s just a kid. But man, I won’t go find them all now but I was reminding people of Krohn syndrome any time his name came up. Every time he came up on PP I urged caution.

Along those lines, I think Krohn himself was somewhat tired of being called that former conservative kid…now maybe someone else will take that mantle.

• benevolus says:

You can change ideology. Especially as a kid. One would certainly expect that as one learns more they would retain the ability to change their mind. How profoundly sad it would be to have to keep the same paradigm you had when you were 15 for the rest of your life. Who knows, he may end up libertarian. The good thing is, he seems to still be learning.

2. Feeling the Bern says:

including the alleged shooting of Laquan McDonald by Chicago police,

[…] wat?

Did…you view the video? You meant the alleged murder, right? Those weren’t “alleged” bullets the forensic tech pulled from his body, yo!

• saltycracker says:

The media hasn’t said what procedure the cops screwed up with, teasers, Nets, dart guns, and 007 unavailable ? However, when a disturbed person wields a knife, won’t stop or put it down, bad things are going to happen.
      And the cops sure shouldn’t let him stroll away.

3. IndyPendant says:

Considering we’ve just had another attack by a Christian Terrorist right here in the Homeland, I completely understand.

4. saltycracker says:

A post and comments worthy of the National Inquirer or entertainment media. He is a smart child in a learning process. There is reason to suspect his parents living through their child. He needn’t be followed, tried as an adult or allowed to vote.

5. Will Durant says:

I haven’t even clicked on the previous machinations of this child. Can I assume there was a gofundme page or the like at some point?

6. Feeling the Bern says:

Poor kid. Probably feeling the Bern. Unlike others, he is man enough to admit he was wrong WHEN he was wrong, and ready to move forward in a progressive direction.

7. Romegaguy says:

The kid has always craved attention that he probably isnt getting elsewhere. I kinda feel sorry for him

8. GeorgiaEagle says:

That conservative Tom Tancredo publicly walked away from the GOP is a much more credible story: he’s lived on the inside of the Big Tent and left the circus after the last big performance in October. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/30/former-congressman-im-quitting-gop/

CJ has some guts but is he even old enough to vote? When he gets a little older and wiser he’ll realize the Progressive Big Top is just another circus. Hopefully it won’t take as long as it took Tancredo to understand that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same vulture.