Cruz Takes Oglethorpe County Straw Poll

The Oglethorpe County GOP held their annual pancake supper in Lexington this evening, and of course, there was a straw poll for attendees, covering both the GOP Presidential race and the Georgia Public Service Commissioner race. And for the third time in two weeks, we had a different winner. Herewith the results:

Ted Cruz 29%
Rick Santorum 2

Public Service Commissioner
Tim Echols 46%
Undecided 43%
Michelle Miller 8%

1. Michael Silver says:

I hate to pee in everyone’s punch but …. If we are to be intellectually honest and constitutionally consistent. Ted Cruz has less of a claim to be a natural born citizen and eligibility for the Presidency than Barack Obama.

Cruz and Obama are not natural born citizens since one of their parents wasn’t a US citizen and are not qualified to be President. Cruz wasn’t even born in the United States.

Yes, I understand the courts have extended the concept but they are not correct, just like Dred Scott, Raich, and endless list of bad decisions.

• TheEiger says:

I haven’t seen his birth certificate. Have you? Why hasn’t he released his long form birth certificate? What is he hiding? I don’t want a photoshopped fake one. I want the real thing. Until then, he is just a Canadian impostor.

• Michael Silver says:

Don’t need too. The Birth Certificate is an intentional distraction by the media to avoid the true question which what is a Natural Born Citizen for the purposes of qualification for the office of the Presidency.

Obama, Cruz and Rubio are not qualified for the office since both parents of each were not US citizens. I can’t find when Donald Trump’s mom became a citizen so he may issues too.

Of course, this is all academic since the Supreme Court can see invisible language in the Constitution that no-one has ever seen in 150 years but misses the stuff in ink, such as Shall Not Be Infringed.

• benevolus says:

As tempting as it is to take up a defense of Ted Cruz, I think I’ll just try to be a spectator for this issue!

• Michael Silver says:

Come on! I’ve got my best troll outfit on. What’s a troll got to do to bait some Obama supporters?

• benevolus says:

Hmm, what would compel me to defend Ted Cruz? Interesting question. Not sure, but I hope there is something out there because it would have to be so nasty that even TC wouldn’t deserve it. Like maybe if somebody were to criticize him if he punched Donald Trump.

2. IndyPendant says:

Ah yeah…Oglethorpe County…..a veritable cross section of the melting pot (/sarcasm).

Were there even 100 attendees that cast a vote?

• xdog says:

You need to lighten up on my Oglethorpe neighbors. I admire the focus of a group that sticks with the man with a legitimate record of being an ass in politics. No flavor-of-the-month ass like Trump for them. And when’s the last time you saw votes cast for John Bolton?

3. Chet Martin says:

I understand that Oglethrope County might not be the ideal cross section of the party, but… How on earth does John Bolton get votes and Rand Paul does not?