Gov. Huckabee Wins 8th District Straw Poll

At today’s 8th district fish fry in Perry, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee received the endorsement of former Georgia governor Sonny Perdue, and won the straw poll with 23.2% of the vote.

Other results include:
Ted Cruz 17.2%
Carly Fiorina 10.8%
Ben Carson 10.3%
Donald Trump 8.4%
Jeb Bush 7.4%
Marco Rubio 6.4%
Scott Walker 5.4%
Rand Paul 4.4%
John Kasich 3.9%
Rick Perry 1%
Bobby Jindal 0.5%
Chris Christie 0.5%

1. John Konop says:

I guess Huckabee being pro driving our country into bankcruptcy, via refusing to deal with entitlments in any rational manner is big in the 8th district. As long they get thier handouts before it all blows up they are cool with it.

• Baker says:

You didnt hear the other night John? He solved it all. Take away Congress’ retirement. That fixes the whole thing right?

• Baker says:

Taxing prostitutes is also a big part of his platform. So apparently the most social conservative in the race is for legalizing prostitution….or something like that based on his insane answer during the debate.

• John Konop says:

Consumption tax or not, you cannot fix entitlments without real belt tightening measures. I actually support eliminating payroll taxes and Medicare tax with a national sales tax or VAT. Anyone who buys a straight Fair Tax would fix everything without real cost cutting is only lying to themselves. This something for nothing BS from office holders is why we are in this mess.

• Baker says:

I actually didn’t put it all together. I guess I wasn’t paying enough attention but I forgot about Huckabee’s FairTax support. He must have mentioned it during the debate but either I wasn’t paying attention or I just tune him out now, but I forgot. I really appreciate his efforts to overhaul the tax system but I just don’t think the Fair Tax is the answer.

• saltycracker says:

Gcp,

I called the don and he said, Gcp, you ignorant slut (a SNL term) what part of postcard don’t you get and it is flat by brackets, the world worships me and Hillary will be at my next wedding…….. 🙂 🙂

IMO, I think about 5-7% for everyone from $1,000 and up would raise revenue but there will be such a fight to get it to 0 on the low end of earnings and massive deductions on the higher, he does have a sellable plan….prebates, rebates, and all schedule A deducts are BS you can’t get on a postcard

• Baker says:

If it mattered, then yes definitely. Fortunately for those who would prefer to not have another President Clinton, Huckabee has no chance at winning nomination.

2. gcp says:

Slightly skewed to Huck as he was keynote and also these voters tend to be older voters that remember him from ’08 but still a strong showing.

3. Rick Day says:

Well of COURSE Huck won again. He has the most Jesus.

And we all know the candidate with the most Jesus will prevail in the Peach State GOP Straw poll.