For those of you who enjoy WREK, a large part of that is due to Ed Martin. He died recently. I remember when I started listening to good radio and WREK, while good, was often not on the air. He changed that and you can still hear him on several station IDs. RIP.
Tuesday was Atlanta Hawks Day at the Capitol, as State Representatives and Senators recognized Atlanta’s winningest team ever. Dominique Wilkins was the star attraction though, as he presented signed basketballs to House Speaker David Ralston (left) and Senate Majority Leader Bill Cowsert (right). Photos: Jon Richards
- Book two of the series of graphic novels describing Cong. Lewis time in the civil rights movement is a “must read”: Washington Post, Associated Press and A.V. Club.
- More tax dollars going toward Braves Stadium… and we’re just getting started.
- Cylcorama continues 150th Civil War anniversary festivities.
- The holidays cost UPS $200m
- GA-based Rock-Tenn merging to form a $16b packaging company.
- Legalizing it could put around $100m in Georgia’s coffers either through tax revenues or criminal justice savings.
- Grovetown hopes its criminals don’t want to look pretty in pink.
- Kennesaw State is the pride of Georgia at the moment.