Christmas is coming early to all my fans–you get to read my Morning Reads!
Hmm… to end the Christmas music theme… the best Christmas carol of all: “Sleigh Ride” by John Williams & The Boston Pops (which isn’t a Christmas carol but whatever, it’s been lumped into the canon at this point).
- Initial signs are that Sally Yates won’t face a huge confirmation fight.
- Why one married and gay Southerner doesn’t leave the South.
- Not mentioned: that it’s better than any other part of the world.
- Forest Park cops allegedly violating Fourth Amendment.
- North Atlanta isn’t number one so the entire list is suspect at best.
- Stacy Abrams is getting noticed by lots of national folks. When will she move up the food chain?
- Half of the cheap homes in Atlanta have negative equity.
- Mixed-use development from MARTA possible.
- Delta employees accused of gun trafficking.
- There will be some tasty special editions coming from Cuba next year. The Glorias will be gone in no time–once again.
Here’s another gift: some of the best Christmas songs around. Tom Waits with the best anti-Christmas carol. Rafael Solano y su Orquestra with the best Christmas carol I heard for the first time this week. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel is the best true carol (which I guess makes it the best Christmas song, too).