Peach Pundit/11Alive Georgia Election Coverage Livestream

[Updated to remove no longer live feed.

We hope you followed 11Alive’s election night coverage featuring Emory’s Dr. Andrea Gillespie and me (with data assist from Political Consultant and friend of the Pundit Robert Lee and and appearance by our Democratic Politics Editor Stefan Turkheimer).  This feed was available from 7pm to midnight on election day.  Use the comments to tell us what you’re seeing statewide as an election results OPEN THREAD.

1. Jon Lester says:

Gosh darn, I spent so much time going through comments on other posts before clearing them all, and we have nothing here in the open thread? No matter. Good to see you involved here, Charlie.

2. blakeage80 says:

Charlie bringing truth about the future of the Georgia GOP. Says GOP can’t succeed by electing a bunch of old white men.

3. Jon Lester says:

Actually, Charlie, the pairing of you and Dr. Gillespie is far and away superior to what I would expect from any other coverage, local or national. America at large should take heed.

4. Jon Lester says:

One more thing: I’m watching this live stream over a B-speed WiFi adapter, linking to my relay router from the house to the shop, from a connection that’s only good for about 3mbps, and the stream has been reasonably good for most of the night.

5. Bobloblaw says:

GA is out but it is a good night.

GOP held Govs in WI and MI and is leading in IL and FL. Corey Gardner won and Joni Ernst is likely to win.

• Bobloblaw says:

The Green Party in 2020…

BTW where is Chris and Bridgett tonight?

And a more important question. if The Dems couldnt win in GA this year, when will they win?

The Dems had their best candidates since the 1990s, while the GOP candidates were the worst in at least that long. In 2016, should Johnny decide not to run, Kingston would be the logical choice. In 2018, it will be Cagle. So who do the Dems have? Reed? He wants it.

• MattMD says:

What are you talking about? Deal was the incumbent. Sure, he may be sleazy as hell but the state has generally held an even keel, even considering the unemployment rate. Georgia is still a very republican state, I mean look at our congressional delegation.

None of this really surprises me except for the dumb amendment and referendum passing.

• MattMD says:

Yeah, I agree with that. From what I see, he will end up beating Carter worse than he did Barnes.

When I wrote my above post, I didn’t even factor in how Barrow was finally picked off but I chalk that up to a matter of time. If not now, then it likely would have been the next cycle.

• Dave Bearse says:

“while the GOP candidates were the worst in at least that long [since the 1990’s]”

Six of the eight statewide races had GOP incumbents. Says a lot about the quality of incumbent GOP representation.

6. Noway says:

Did anybody get the number of the proverbial Republican truck that ran over the White House tonight? R.e.p.u.d.i.a.t.i.o.n. And that tape of Michele saying she’d defer to Obama doomed her.

7. Will Durant says:

I stated it at the time it went out and of all people, Hizzoner the Mayor agrees, the Ferguson mailer was a mistake. I don’t think it was totally decisive but definitely turned the attention away from “outsourcing”. I doubt that it gave much incentive to the black vote but definitely worked some reverse psychology on the white vote, especially in NW Georgia.

8. debbie0040 says:

President Obama, CAN YOU HEAR US NOW ? Obama had coat tails alright but not in a positive way. Obama and his policies doomed Democrats from the Senate all the way down to local races nation wide. Wait until the dust clears and find out how many local Democrats lost their seats nation wide. Massive

9. jtc says:

Charlie,

Great job! I really enjoyed that! I really felt like they picked your brain and you had done your homework and were ready to give thorough and thoughtful answers. You should be on radio!

10. debbie0040 says:

A Republican has just defeated the incumbent Democrat Governor in President Obama’s home state of Illinois..

• MattMD says:

I like how you point out that Illinois is Obama’s “home state”. Thanks for the lesson as if we didn’t know that.

Did you know Illinois has a fairly long history of Republican governors?

The more you know! (cue the rainbow)

• Bobloblaw says:

Actually IL went from 1972 to 2002 with only GOP Govs. The longest stretch in the nation at the time.

But it does show you cant bankrupt your state, deplete state pensions, not pay bills, issue IOUs, raise taxes, blow that money, still not pay bills and get re-elected.

11. Will Durant says:

LOL. Channel 2 had Mark Rountree on for a long segment with the name banner of Mark Roundtree up the entire time. It ain’t just the posters here who can’t get his name right. I’ll bet the checks cash anyway.

12. Dave Bearse says:

My candidates for the most part had their @r$e$ handed to them on a platter, even more so than I expected.

I found the Gov and Senator speeches this evening interesting. Nunn’s speech was positive, conciliatory and forwarding looking. It didn’t take long before Deal was talking about his cronies. I didn’t catch much of Carter’s speech, but the little I did was about issues, and likewise positive. Dang near the first words out of Perdue’s mouth in a red meet speech were anti-Obama.

Persistently emphasis on fear, negativity and obstructionism was effective with old white conservatives, and discouraged young voters. It remains to be seen how that changes things going forward.

• saltycracker says:

Correct – the Nunn ads of pathetic old ladies or lost union jobs and Carter’s ads of a money starved educational system along with the Democratic message of life is hell for most Georgians was a real stimulus.