New Carter Ad: Georgia’s Ready

With six days remaining, Jason Carter’s campaign released a new television ad this afternoon. The ad says that Georgia is ready for a new direction.

Here’s the transcript:

Georgia is ready, right now, for a new direction.

Georgia is ready to invest in its future, to protect its education system every year.

Georgia is ready to make sure that we’re not just letting special interests run our government.

Georgia is ready to have a strong middle class.

If we can harness that energy that we felt all across this state—from Dalton to Brunswick to Savannah to Columbus and everywhere in between—we will have that bright future.

Georgia will be leading the way again.

1. caroline says:

Carter has run a surprisingly good campaign. Deal has run a surprisingly bad campaign. 6 months or more ago I would have been totally shocked to hear myself saying that because I was sure Carter was a certain loser.

2. Will Durant says:

I know I’ve been wanting more positive campaign ads, but… meh. If he doesn’t hammer on the Governor’s ethics, or lack thereof in these closing days I’m not sure we’re even facing a runoff anymore.

• Lawton Sack says:

From the sound of Carter’s latest press release, this is the final message via TV. “Georgia is ready for a new direction. That’s the message of Sen. Jason Carter’s closing argument ad released today.”

3. John Konop says:

It looks like the Deal shift to a softer more positive message ie Cagle style….is working…..which is why I would bet why the Carter team is running this type of commercial……Deal will out preform Perdue…Deal may even win without runoff….depending on Libertarian vote…But Perdue is in a run off…..

This better be a wake up call for the GOP brain trust….had the Deal campaign not shifted focus…it could of been an outright loss….They better shift focus toward pragmatic solutions….or 16 will keep the slide…..

4. PegM says:

Carter’s ad? It’s like him, and empty suit. A bunch of platitudes with no real fact about what he’ll do. All he says about education is more money, he says help the middle class, How? We’ll be more ethical, what’s the plan. It’s so bogus I don’t know why anyone would vote for him except he is clean cut and is a Dem. Whew, I feel better already

• Trey A. says:

I can think of a few more reasons to vote for Carter:

He’s not Nathan Deal, who is as corrupt and crooked as the least distinguished of his governor peers (Blagojevich, McDonnell, Edwin Edwards)

He’ll be checked by a solid red Georgia General Assembly.

He’ll do the smart (and not political) thing by opening up Medicare Expansion in Georgia–just like the sitting GOP governors in Arizona, Michigan, Iowa, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota and Pennsylvania.

He’ll roll back and reform Deal’s devastating cuts to the HOPE Scholarship program–especially as it pertains to technical colleges.

I could go on…

5. northside101 says:

Carter’s pitch for a separate education budget (DOA in a Republican Legislature) and the debate between him and Deal on education funding in this state, reminds me of a quote in Today’s Vent in the AJC which sums it up nicely: “Every Georgia politician wants to be the ‘education’ candidate. All any of them have ever done is throw money at it and that obviously hasn’t helped.”

The ongoing test cheating trail in the city of Atlanta is proof of that…