1. Wow. I had a physical facial reaction to this ad. I refuse to say anything about someone’s momma, but … this ad does not help him.

Hey Eiger – would you like to make a friendly wager that Michelle wins without a runoff?

• therightdirection says:

That’s funny, I thought this might be his best ad yet.

I don’t think he’s run a good campaign at all, nor is he a good candidate.

I feel like I’m applying an impartial analysis, your facial reaction makes me think you aren’t.

• If Michelle wins without a runoff, I would like for you to write an uplifting and complimentary haiku on why militant feminists are good for society, the political process, and Southern culture.

• TheEiger says:

If she doesn’t win without a runoff, I want you to write a haiku on why being a militant feminists blinds you of facts and reason. Or a haiku about how I was right and you were wrong. Either one works.

• TheEiger says:

No take backs.

The poll, conducted by Abt SRBI of New York of 1,170 Georgians from Oct. 16-23, shows no one approaching 50 percent of likely voters. With Libertarian candidates pulling away a small but significant chunk of voters, runoffs loom for both races. The toplines:

For governor

– Deal 46 percent

– Democrat Jason Carter 41 percent

– Libertarian Andrew Hunt 5 percent

For Senate

– Perdue 44 percent

– Democrat Michelle Nunn 42 percent

– Libertarian Andrew Hunt 6 percent

• John Konop says:

I have no idea if it means anything at all……I live in Cherokee county….A real GOP stronghold as you know…I have lived here for about 14 years…I have never seen any Dem candidate like Nunn…with so many signs….I wonder if she is really getting more support or is just working the sign locations….The strange part do not see Carter signs…like her locations around the county….might mean nothing….

• TheEiger says:

Just means they are doing a good job of paying someone to put up signs. If signs won elections, Harry Norman would be Governor.

• jh says:

John, looking at the AJC crosstabs, since they detail it by county, I noticed Nunn gets 38% of Cherokee. Granted the subsample is very small (about 35), but it was consistent with their last poll. I think Roy got 20 or 25% in 2010.

• saltycracker says:

Seems like there are more Cosby signs than Nunn signs, both of which identify “here’s your sign” households or vacant lots.

• This poll has a lot of issues. For one – the electorate has never been anywhere close to even on men/women, much less majority male, and for the second time in a row the AJC poll is majority male. And you can’t just do a simple “unskewing”, because what it means is that white men are somehow getting through their intensity screen and white women aren’t, and so you have a skewed sample of who will be in the electorate.

I have no doubt that SBTI does a great job interviewing people about their most recent trip to Olive Garden, but they have a bit to learn about political.

• Bobloblaw says:

you only do this when youre losing. Like Matt Fong in CA in 1998 against Babs Boxer. Fong’s mom said he was a nice boy. he lost by 20.

• Jon Lester says:

I don’t remember who was ranked number one for most dysfunctional state party, but the California GOP certainly belongs near the top. I had almost forgotten about Matt Fong, but nothing has improved since then. Arnold won on star power and his famously dynamic personality, but when you look at other candidates, like eMeg, Carly Fiorina and Kashkari (‘bankster’ incarnate), you have to wonder if they could do any worse if they tried.

• Bobloblaw says:

NY, IL and CA rank as top dysfunctional parties for the GOP. TX for the Dems (every day is Todd Akin;s worst day for Wendy Davis).

The fact that Arnold won 56% says something about the CA electorate and their lack of seriousness. Theyll vote GOP so long as that candidate is an action hero.

CA voters like pols with long resumes and experience (ie Brown). They really really dislike self funders from the private sector (your mentioned candidates). That goes for Dems too. Al Checci went down in flames on the Dem side.

Whenever someone say the GOP should become more liberal and reach out to hispanics, I like to throw the name Able Maldonado back at them. Hispanic, liberal, GOP..oh and he lost to a white Dem in a landslide. So much for that theory.

• Dr. Monica Henson says:

The Democratic Party of Georgia has got to be in the top ten of dysfunctional state parties. #SaidTheBlueDog #WithTrueRegret

• Jon Lester says:

It is. I should have looked up and linked the story when I first thought of it.

As I told Dr. Rad when first offering to help his campaign (and as regulars here have gathered), I really don’t do party politics, and since then, both major parties at the state and national levels have only given me more reasons to stay independent.

• Romegaguy says:

Wagering on politics on Peach Pundit reminds me that I and about half the posters here are owed a steak dinner. Right, Debbie?

2. Jon Lester says:

I’m surprised the Nunn campaign hasn’t brought out Dollar General employees who have to take public assistance despite having plenty of hours. Maybe those reports were exaggerated?

3. John Konop says:

The message is very good….the mood of it not up beat enough….just my 10 cents…They all need to talk with the Cagle people….he gets it, up beat, positive…..

4. HueyMahl says:

Except for his various ads, how many times in his adult life do you think Perdue has stood in an open field wearing a jeans jacket?

5. Harry says:

I disagree with the comment about the appearance of Perdue’s mother. I perceive her as being a lady with a lot of strength and character. Bridget, give yourself a few years and your reaction may not be so visceral.

6. Will Durant says:

Is the little frame house depicted anything to him or just a stand-in?

I don’t want to even know a candidate whose own Mama won’t endorse him. Sweet but meh.