NRSC Pours $1.45 Million Into #GASen Race

The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) just announced its decision to send $1.45 million to Georgia to purchase television ads for David Perdue. According to The Hill:

The National Republican Senatorial Committee is increasing television ad buys by $7.4 million in six of the tightest races, raising efforts to regain Senate control in the final weeks before Election Day.

The GOP Senate campaign arm will up ad buys by $1.5 million in Colorado, $1.45 million in Georgia, 1.25 million in Iowa, $1.2 million in New Hampshire and $1.0 million in both South Dakota and Alaska.

Note that Georgia will receive the second highest amount of money from the NRSC in this round. With less than a month to go before Election Day, it is also interesting to see the NRSC purchase a significant ad buy in Georgia after announcing last month that they had no plans to spend more money here. Does the NRSC now see Georgia as a tossup race over other competitive races such as Kansas and Kentucky? Or are they just trying to stay ahead of the game here?

1. Harry says:

I’m getting family feedback that the Perdue ads are stupid and not likely to persuade undecided voters. My paranoid side suspects that Dems have infiltrated and sabotaged the NRSC ad marketing production just as they did with the last-minute so-called-high-tech last minute GOTV in 2012 that was crashed. Perhaps the NRSC is spending money just to be able to say they spent it.

• jh says:

That might be so, but he’s very stiff, and it showed during the debates. He doesn’t even come across well in his own ads.

• Harry says:

A good campaign consultant can compensate for that, and Perdue has the best. Just look at Hillary – with her staff and a fawning media she seems to get by.

• NoTeabagging says:

It is interesting you are getting feedback, that I hope you trust, about the stupidity of these ads. Let me add I do not believe every word on a Carter, Nunn, or Deal ad either.

What struck me is your “Spy vs. Spy” take on campaign sabotage. The fact the we citizens even conceive this is happening shows the sorry state of our political campaign system and the ethics of our potential elected leaders.

• To clarify: the whole point of electing him is his business experience. Well, his business experience isn’t relevant to what voters want, thus, he now has nothing to say.

• Bobloblaw says:

“”Even Perdue’s consultant can’t do a lipstick-on-a-pig-makeover work for Perdue at this point.””

Never mind that he is leading in all the polling and has an RCP lead of about 3 points.

• godsgift says:

yes how we have the highest unemployment?how he trashed the hope scholarship?how he cost the state 5 m in lawsuits for HIS ethics issues?how about the 75 m for 3000 jobs,or the 50 jobs in his trip to china?yep he sure has a lot NOT to say.oh yeah,how about hte 600k with OUT health care thanks to HIM.

• benevolus says:

Damn! Harry discovered the plan! All those party switchers were moles. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

2. Richard says:

As much as I do not want it to be true, his ads are not very good, also according to people in and outside of my family and office staff. Now most if not all of them intend to vote for him, so I’m not sure their’s is an accurate take. Michelle Martin has been effective in her ads, but the key will be whether or not Mrs. Martin will play well OTP. I guess at this point all those Saxby haters may be having second thoughts.

3. Dave Bearse says:

Georgia may be 2nd, but clearly there’s not much concern. Georgia’s population is nearly equal to the other five states combined.

4. Richard says:

Kinda touchy, are we, Chris? Should we speculate on why? No she doesn’t have to take his name, but the house husband bit is kind of cute. If her name had been Jones, and her husband’s name was Nunn, what would have happened? I’m primarily interested in not electing someone who, like our President, couldn’t run a lemonaide stand.
    Since I strongly supported Barnes to the tune of $6,000 (I really didn’t want Oxendine as my Governor) and was with him all over the state, I can tell you that as much as he denied it, the flag was a big Deal.

• Richard says:

Benevolus; it kind of fit. Actually, I like Deal, and I think he’s done a good job. I’m not particularly fond of second generation politicians of any stripe. Except Bush, of course.

• tribeca says:

Ok, so for future reference, lemonade stands are harder to run than one of the nation’s most well-regarded volunteer organizations. Thanks for the clarification.

• jh says:

I’m really embarrassed for David when he defends his career on outsourcing by touting his credentials as dollar whatever ceo.

Nunn has led a respected service organization which includes our own esteemed Hands on Atlanta, from inception, to the multimillion dollar entity it is now.

• No, I just think it is disrespectful that you would judge a woman by a standard that doesn’t apply to a man. No man in this world who had a famous dad ever had to make the decision of what last name he would take.

And it’s certainly not like she’s trying to hide anything.

5. saltycracker says:

Nunn/Carter ads are clear that they believe Georgia is a hard scrabble
    life for the average family, we need to do more for them, the schools deliver a very poor education and the businessfolks are treated way to cozy. Deliverance country……

Whatever goes down the taxpayer without some clever deductions or public benefits is going to take it in the shorts.

6. MikeS says:

The are two Georgias. One represented by counties like Gwinnett have good schools, plenty of jobs, and a high quality of life. The other Georgia best represented by Clayton county is dysfunctional, poor schools, led by someone sued for racial discrimination, no jobs, a vacant mall, increased crime and numerous abandoned homes.

The cause of the differences is the party in power.

• Bobloblaw says:

Lots of comparisons like that. Illinois v Indiana. California v Texas.

Lots of posters here are life long Georgians but yearn for the politics and economy of Illinois. Odd huh?

• jh says:

Look at Atlanta, Midtown, bustling with the belt line, gentrification, jobs. I feel safer in Midtown than I do Pleasant Hill Duluth. You can make any argument you want cherry picking data points.

• Harry says:

I wouldn’t compare most parts of Gwinnett with most parts of Atlanta, even today. But I’d agree Gwinnett is becoming too much like Atlanta for my taste.

7. MikeS says:

Gwinnett has one elected Democrat on the school board and that is the worst school cluster in the county.
    A valid comparison can be made between corruption between DeKalb and Gwinnett, but at least in Gwinnett the “trains run on time” if you know what I mean.

8. Richard says:

Well, I see things haven’t gotten any better. Now we are touting downtown Atlanta? I spent last week in Chicago, and as a native Decaturite (almost; my birth certificate actually says Emory, Georgia) I felt a lot safer walking around downtown Chicago than I have in Atlanta for years. Of course, Chicago was fortunate to have some great architects. Atlanta, not so much. What’s worth looking at downtown? All those inward looking boxes that crowd the sidewalks like a nose-guard getting ready to tackle Todd Gurley? Oops, I forgot. Bad example.