On this day in 1987, Mark McGwire set the record for major league home runs by a rookie when he connected for his 49th home run of the season. Also on this day, in 1995, Shannon Faulkner became the first female cadet in the history of The Citadel, South Carolina‘s state military college. She quit the school less than a week later.
- Because he was so good at winning?
- Long line for undocumented folks in Atlanta school system.
- Is ‘a walkable environment’ a civil right?
- Gosh, I don’t know why this would be a problem, Kasim.
- Relaxed hair restrictions for the military.
- Sen. Sessions issues warnings on immigration.
- Sure fire way to tick off some neighbors.
- The U.N. is going to protect us from this now, too.
- If you’re scamming the system, don’t try to be a beauty queen.
- Maserati’s for police patrol cars.