Richard Woods Certified as GOP School Super Candidate After Recount

Following a recount due to the closeness of the race, Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp certified the vote totals and recount results for from the July 22nd runoff for the Republican candidate for State School Superintendent.

Seven Hundred votes separated the two candidates:

Michael L. ‘Mike’ Buck   198,741 (49.91%)
Richard L. Woods            199,441 (50.09%)

Richard Woods is the GOP candidate. On to November.

1. Dave Bearse says:

The Tea Party anti-Obamacore candidate, natch.

Looking forward to most PP front-pagers and conservative commenter’s hearty endorsement of the candidacy that will take Georgia k-12 to the next level.

• Charlie says:

I’ve only met Valerie Wilson briefly and haven’t yet had the chance to discuss how she hopes to improve GA’s education beyond “more money for the same broken system”.

I’ll give her a chance, but right now this race strikes me as one where there will be a write in protest vote from me.

2. Lawton Sack says:

I really hope this is the last time we vote on the School Superintendent’s race. Let the Governor appoint the position. If it is not going to be appointed, then I would like to see it held staggered from the other statewide elections. I have never had an election where some many people did not know the candidates for a race.

• John Konop says:

I agree not only would it create a cohesive policy team and direction….we could save money by having one staff instead of 2 doing the same job.

• Will Durant says:

This Governor has already proven that this elected office serves only at his pleasure regardless of who the voters elect. Hell, Dr. Barge’s salary is $26,500 less than the position he had created for Chip Rogers.

• Dave Bearse says:

And it would be a great new six figure slot for a crony appointment, seeing how most of the plum posts have been taken.

3. griftdrift says:

I tuned into Georgia Gang on Sunday for about five minutes ( about all I can stand these days ) and heard Dick Williams say he thought Wilson might be the Dems best shot at a state wide race.

First smart thing I’ve heard come out of the bow tie in years.