GDOT wants to hear from you.

July 30, 2014 9:30 am

by Eric The Younger · 11 comments

Do you love your commute? Is it traffic free? Or do you contemplate keying another person’s car each morning you start the daily grind?

GDOT would like to hear from you. They’ve set up a survey to ask Georgia commuters about their daily trips and what works and what could work better. They ask questions about how much you drive per week, per year, how much gas you buy, how much state gas tax you think you pay, and what kind of transportation projects you’d like to see. There are a few others too. Overall any feedback will likely be found valuable.

Go on over and help them out with your feedback. Sure it isn’t a scientific poll, but generally the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

More detail over at CBS46.

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

TheEiger July 30, 2014 at 9:59 am

Any idea if the results of this survey will be made public? I’m interested to know how much people think they pay in gas tax to the state.

Eric The Younger July 30, 2014 at 10:53 am

No idea, but I would like to see it as well.

Three Jack July 30, 2014 at 10:27 am

I figured my annual fuel tax to be $137.28.

33 gallons per week x 52 weeks = 1716 gallons annually with approximately .08 per gallon for GA fuel tax.

TheEiger July 30, 2014 at 10:57 am

I’m figured mine as well and I’m a few dollars more than you. I would be willing to pay more too if the money was going to real projects.

Eric The Younger July 30, 2014 at 10:58 am

You left out the 4% sales tax, that is renormed each six months, that is based on the average cost of a gallon of fuel.

Assuming 33 gallons per week and a constant $3.50 per gallon, you actually pay $368.94 per year.

Three Jack July 30, 2014 at 11:19 am

Thanks Eric, figured I had left something out as it seemed low.

Ed July 30, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Well at least OTP living is “cheap”, right? I use less than seven gallons a week.

saltycracker July 31, 2014 at 8:05 am

The OTP cheapo’ s probably avg $200 month less in property taxes and 1%less in sales taxes to put up with decent public schools and fresh air. It wouldn’t be fun if folks couldn’t live where they choose, which has pros and cons.

Dave Bearse July 30, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Jan 1, 2014 rate was 19.3 cents per gallon of gasoline: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/mf.pdf

Harry July 30, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Georgia excise and sales tax plus federal excise tax paid by the distributor for gasoline purchased at the retail pump totals $0.4589 per gallon.

That’s what’s passed on to the consumer by the distributor.

greencracker July 30, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Seven gallons a week? Dang, what are you, a delivery man?