Former Political and Executive Director of the Georgia GOP and consultant to the David Perdue campaign Paul Bennecke tweeted his thoughts on why Perdue won the Georgia Senate runoff by a narrow margin.
Here are his additional factoids, each released in its own tweet:
2. Only bought 1 cable net the entire primary/run-off – Fox News – except for one week on the golf channel back in April for The Master’s.
3. Only bought talk and Ag radio – no FM.
4. We ran a voter ID program from Feb 1 – July 21. Every day.
5. Bonnie Perdue wrote over 3,000 hand written notes in the final 3 weeks to absentee voters. She also made hundreds of undecided calls.
6. Our broadcast buy in the runoff targeted 55+ voters. So did our volunteer calls. So did our hand-written postcards.
7. Most importantly, person-to-person contact still works. A real grassroots operation focused on the right voters with the right message.
The Perdue campaign offered a simple message: “If we want different results from Washington, we have to send a different type of person to Washington.” Contrast that with the Jack Kingston campaign, which offered a six point plan to renew America, similar to the Contract with America that helped elect a Republican majority in the House — 20 years ago.