Morning Reads for Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11, 2014 6:52 am

by Obi's Sister · 13 comments

Happy 7-11 day!

Here:
– Georgia is more patriotic than Alabama! Nah!
– If you live in Grant Park, rig your car with napalm, or something.
– Le sigh. Government schools.
Global warming, my hind parts.
– But, but, but Touchdown Jesus, 8000 isn’t enough!

There:
WWI pix discovered. And more.
– It’s all South Park’s fault.
Reading comprehension must not be a prerequisite for employment at the WH.
– Yikes, Mae West should really be making jokes about Yellowstone.

Random Everywhere:
– Why none of us can ever get anything done.
– I don’t even know what to say about this
– When in doubt, don’t kick the horse.
– Elmo Bullies? Who knew of such things existed?
– What? We’re born this way?

OPEN THREAD:

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

Lwood July 11, 2014 at 7:39 am

Le sigh sounds like something from a Pepe le Pew cartoon.

Jon Lester July 11, 2014 at 9:18 am

I’m really skeptical of genetic political predisposition, but experience tells me that people on the nominal left are quick to embrace such stories, for their own reassurance, however flimsy the evidence. More than a few of us have, at some point, felt misled and even defrauded by those we voted for, and some of us find ourselves walking away from groups we only thought we identified with.

Also, we may say that something’s “in our blood,” such as, for example, the traditional Scots-Irish distrust of anyone flouting their wealth (because of experience with actual and wannabe aristocracy), but that has to do with family values passed down to us, and not anything genetic.

Harry July 11, 2014 at 9:27 am

Not just the Scots-Irish who distrust the aristocracy of this world. Pretty much anyone who isn’t one, distrusts them.

Jon Lester July 11, 2014 at 9:35 am

I wish that healthy distrust of flamboyant wealth were more common in this country, so there would be no such things as a Kardashians TV show and speaking fees for any of the Clintons.

Obi's Sister July 11, 2014 at 11:00 am
Dr. Monica Henson July 11, 2014 at 9:27 am

I spit my v̶o̶d̶k̶a̶ coffee right out my nose when I read the WH item–I think of “WH” as “Waffle House.”

John Vestal July 11, 2014 at 9:46 am

Ditto (except for the spitting part).

Obi's Sister July 11, 2014 at 10:59 am

Now that’s funny!

John Konop July 11, 2014 at 9:48 am

War on Drugs, is a war on tax payers and your rights. Does this make any sense to anyone why this guy is in prison?

……After 20 Years in Prison, Missouri Man Serving Life Without Parole for Marijuana Asks Governor for Clemency……….

MattMD July 11, 2014 at 12:38 pm

It doesn’t surprise me, this is likely a result of those idiotic “three strikes”/habitual offender laws which give judges almost no discretion. I know California has revised their law where now the focus is on violent felonies.

John Vestal July 11, 2014 at 10:02 am

For those who didn’t already know that “The Humane Society of The United States” (HSUS) was crap: they really, really are.

Humane Society Charity Rating Revoked

If you want to actually support the causes that the scamsters at HSUS would have you believe they support, do it the right way…like our friend Todd R….do your due diligence and DO IT LOCALLY!!

Ed July 11, 2014 at 10:17 am

Grant Parker. Can confirm: area is safe.

The Last Democrat in Georgia July 11, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Thanks for the news, Obi’s Sister.