Perdue’s New Ad: “Conservative”

July 8, 2014 13:00 pm

by Jessica S. · 15 comments

David Perdue has released yet another television ad attacking Jack Kingston, this time regarding the $13 trillion dollars debt ceiling increase since his time in office and what it means to be a conservative (because he knows??).  Take a look for yourself and take note of the extremely awkward silence after “That’s not what conservative means to me.”

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

MattMD July 8, 2014 at 1:49 pm

I am off today about to go drink some beers. Yes, day drinking.

I will report back if this ad makes any more sense from the first time around.

Bill Arp July 8, 2014 at 1:55 pm

This guy is a joke. Was it conservative we he almost bankrupt 3 companies while he was paid over a million dollars a year to turn them around? Was he really being conservative with his money when he decided to try and self fund a campaign? When this campaign is over he will learn his lesson on not being conservative and go back to work after he finishes crying on the steps of the US Capitol.

Can he not raise money from Georgians and win a state wide race?…..Sonny Did!!!

Three Jack July 8, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Has either candidate announced anything that he favors? Any new ideas? Anything at all innovative, creative or likely to evoke change to the status quo?

MattMD July 8, 2014 at 2:33 pm

So odd…

Nixonstheone July 8, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Perdue for the win

Mensa Dropout July 9, 2014 at 7:54 am

Totally voting Perdue.

Harry July 9, 2014 at 9:44 am

Kingston.

Michael Silver July 9, 2014 at 11:08 am

Kingston. Really? Can you elaborate why?

I think of myself as a Conservative and am going with Perdue.

Kingston is too tied to the Chamber For Open Borders, er Chamber of Commerce. Once he’s in the Senate, I would not be surprised if he pulls a Toomey and develops a bi-partisan Amnesty Bill for his benefactors.

As a member of the Appropriations Committee, he has more say into government spending than the normal Congressman. Do you like the way the government is spending money? He is responsible for funding Obama’s Administration. He’s been impotent in the fight to restrain government and Obama. Mostly, he rolls over like a possum.

Frankly, Kingston is a tool for the DC Insiders. He’s another go-along get-along Republican.

I’m voting for Perdue because the Chamber for Amnesty is against him. He is an outsider and I think now is the time to kick all of the bums out. As a former CEO, I don’t think he’ll get rolled by Mitch McConnell or lobbyists.

His bankruptcy experience is going to be helpful since we need to make major cuts in government and entitlements. I don’t buy the Kingston BS that Perdue was solely responsible for the bankruptcy of the companies. Having been involved with the Worldcom bankruptcy, you need high-powered executives to weave a company through the process. Its ain’t easy and balancing the needs of everyone involved is tough.

Harry July 9, 2014 at 11:23 am

I have the impression that Perdue is a bigger inside player than Kingston, making conservative noises to get elected, and if elected will turn into another GOP establishment compromiser or worse. At least Kingston has a voting record and a very good ACA rating. Admittedly his record is not perfect, but it’s pretty good.

Michael Silver July 9, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Gotcha. You have an interesting point that I need to do more research on. I’d hate to have voted for another establishment tool, er Republican.

Thanks.

Dr. Monica Henson July 9, 2014 at 10:22 am

Nunn. Just sayin’. ;) #BlueDog

Three Jack July 9, 2014 at 10:49 am

None of the above, I was going to mention Amanda Swafford, but then I checked her website.

Amazing that an open US senate seat will ultimately be filled by either a career politician who just recently decided to start voting as a fiscal conservative, a businessman who thinks those of us without a college degree are 2nd class citizens, a dem lady with nothing to offer but her daddy’s legacy, or a lady who is running to make sure kids can open savings accounts.

Michael Silver July 9, 2014 at 11:12 am

In Michelle’s defense. She has had a very successful and impressive career leading public service organizations. I was friends with her back in the early days of Hands on Atlanta. She’s very good at founding and growing public service organizations.

Frankly, she would be better running the Red Cross or Grady Hospital. Sending her to the Senate is a waste of talent. I can’t imagine her carrying Harry Reid’s water and hanging out with the other sleazy Dems. DC Democrats are not like her dad. The Democrat party of Sam Nunn is long gone.

Three Jack July 9, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Michael,

There are many folks with a history of running non-profits, what makes Michelle special other than her last name? What is she proposing that is different, new or creative? I checked her website, full of nice soundbites but no substance and no new ideas.

We do agree that she would be better suited to continue her current career path vs. becoming a fresh(wo)man senator.

Dr. Monica Henson July 9, 2014 at 7:51 pm

“The Democrat Party of Sam Nunn is long gone.” To the great regret of many a Blue Dog. :(