Morning Reads from the Future

July 2, 2014 4:50 am

by Ed · 11 comments

By the time you read this, I will have completed Wednesday (head’s up: it is a pretty sweet day.) Which means I am one day closer to KISS playing in Atlanta!

“All for the Love of Rock and Roll” by KISS.

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Noway July 2, 2014 at 8:38 am

Ed, you forgot the link on the ending of the Earth story that says it’s all caused by Man-Made Global Warming! The libs will be pretty upset!

Ed July 2, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I know you are a troll but at least try to be coherent.

John Vestal July 2, 2014 at 9:29 am

Chairman of Mississippi College Republicans resigns…..becoming a Democrat.

Charlie July 2, 2014 at 9:51 am

Idealistic, young, and stupid is no way to go through life, son – Dean Wormer, Faber College

TheEiger July 2, 2014 at 10:03 am

“Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody’s part!” – Otter

John Vestal July 2, 2014 at 10:35 am

I think Dean Wormer stole that quote from my A.E. academic advisor, ca. 1981 or so.

Jon Richards July 2, 2014 at 10:15 am

There are a few themes running in the background of what happened here. The first is the bitterness between the Mississippi establishment and the Tea Party over the results of the Senate election runoff. There is a lot of controversy over whether recruiting Democrats to cross over and vote in an open primary was appropriate, and if so, whether the tactics used to get the Dems to cross over were ethical — or legal.

The second is an ideological split between what millennials and typical Tea Party members think and believe, even though both groups claim to be conservative. This study illustrates some of the differences.

The third is a concern (also seen here in Georgia county and state parties, I might add) over a member of party leadership endorsing one GOP candidate over another. The CR Executive Director used his title in his endorsement of McDaniel, while Alvarez did not in his endorsement of Cochran. IMO, even when the fig leaf of “I was doing this personally, not using my title” is used, it’s probably not appropriate.

Finally, what Charlie said.

Noway July 2, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Tea Party quit freaking crying. You lost fair and square. Dems crossed over. Boo-hoo. Repubs did it to McKinney with Majette! So, shut the hell up!

Three Jack July 2, 2014 at 11:06 am

Obviously a racist poll since it shows Obama as the worst president since 1945 – http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html?hp=l1 -

Harry July 2, 2014 at 1:20 pm