Jody Hice Thinks Gays Will Sodomize Our Sons

June 24, 2014 9:00 am

by Ed · 13 comments

Want more examples of Jody Hice’s idiocy beyond idiocy? He thinks gays are going to sodomize the God-fearing sons of Georgia and these United States.

In his 2012 book “It’s Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America” (the title shows he’s a master of subtlety and not overreacting) Hice cites a passage from Michael Swift that says “We shall sodomize your sons” as proof. Hice did not mention that the essay was satirical.

You can read all 240 pages of his stupidity or one Mother Jones article for more tripe.

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

F. Underwood June 24, 2014 at 10:26 am

Ray McBerry says we are blessed to have Dr. Hice. Y’all need to calm down.

John Konop June 24, 2014 at 10:57 am

As I posted before…..gay bashers in a study done at the University of Georgia tend to be gay. Bashing gays in the name of Christianity is even more bizarre…Since God = Love…not spewing…..ironically the radical Muslims Jody Hice bashes with broad swipe of all Muslims, think like him about gay people. fundamentalist who blindly follow an ideology of any stripe are who we should fear.

joejohns June 24, 2014 at 3:06 pm

2) Did the UGA study determine the year one had to have ‘evolved’ by before one was automatically gay for opposing any action item on the gay-lobby wish list? 1980? 1985? 1993? 1997? 2000? 2005? 2009? 2012? Just interested in who made the cut and who didn’t. Was Obama gay when he ran in 2008 and opposed gay marriage? Surely the study has the answers.

So you can justify homosexuality on whatever basis you wish. But to say that Christianity compels acceptance of the gay lifestyle is not a premise supported by the biblical text. To contrary the Bible implores Christians to show love by inviting men and women out of sinful lifestyles and into a life free from the weight of sin.

John Konop June 24, 2014 at 3:43 pm

……..1) Correct me if I’m wrong, but is it not factually correct to say that gays do desire sodomy? Since, by definition, sodomy is the only sexual practice available to gays. Or, for the sake of political conversation and the advancement of an agenda, must we pretend that gays are these asexual beings of some sort?…….

A)To not see the comment is inflammatory toward and fear mongering at gay people speaks to your heart…..ie try walking in the shoes of others….

……..2) Did the UGA study determine the year one had to have ‘evolved’ by before one was automatically gay for opposing any action item on the gay-lobby wish list? 1980? 1985? 1993? 1997? 2000? 2005? 2009? 2012? Just interested in who made the cut and who didn’t. Was Obama gay when he ran in 2008 and opposed gay marriage? Surely the study has the answers…..

B)Below is a link to the study…..BTW if you are gay I will not judge you…..As far as Obama I do not think he ever gay bashed…If he was Gay it would not bother me….I am more about issues…ie entitlement reform so we do not go broke, stopping the war on drugs, ending policemen of the world foreign policy, reform of the student loan program which will blow up……

…3) Christianity is love, but not universally so. Meaning, I cannot say that loving my dog in a sexual way is the Christian thing to do because ‘Christianity is love.’ To the contrary the biblical text tells me that such kind of love is sin and that as a Christian I cannot be the lover of sin. Likewise there is no support in the biblical text for sexual love between persons of the same sex. The biblical text clearly states that such too is sin. Jesus, Himself, stated that man is to leave his mother and his father and to cleave to his one wife and those two shall become one flesh. There is no mention anywhere of two mommies, two daddies, or a man cleaving to a man, or a woman cleaving to a woman. …

C) Comparing gays to an animal is once again insensitive and inflammatory….I have employees, friends, relatives….that are gay. I do not judge them, I let God do the judging….I have enough personal issues I need to work on to judge others….Also you bashing someone’s child, relative friend……I think you need to do some soul searching if you think this is what believing in God is about….

….So you can justify homosexuality on whatever basis you wish. But to say that Christianity compels acceptance of the gay lifestyle is not a premise supported by the biblical text. To contrary the Bible implores Christians to show love by inviting men and women out of sinful lifestyles and into a life free from the weight of sin….

D) As I said you seem to want to play God….I would suggest looking in the mirror and working on yourself, rather than spewing hate at gay people.

DavidTC June 24, 2014 at 11:21 am

Hice did not mention that the essay was satirical.

Now, now. We’ve got no evidence that Hice understands the basic concept of satire, so it’s a bit unfair to blame him for not mentioning it. We should, instead, encourage him…I mean, he did manage to read something. And it only took him 25 years, too, which means he can read at least three words a month. Even if people helped him with that, that’s quite an accomplishment.

And he’s technically right in what he said in the MJ quote, “These shocking words by Michael Swift have been considered part of the ‘gay manifesto’ by many, and reveal the radical agenda that is currently threatening our nation”.

He just neglected to mention that the ‘many’ there are ‘complete idiots like Jody Hice who think very stupid things’, and ‘the radical agenda that is currently threatening our nation’ is people like him getting more and more extreme instead of just doing what everyone damn well knows what eventually will happen thanks to American’s changing views: Accept gay people and move on.

The Last Democrat in Georgia June 24, 2014 at 12:00 pm

“Jody Hice Thinks Gays Will Sodomize Our Sons”

…So you’re saying that Jody Hice thinks that gays are members of the IRS?

View from Brookhaven June 24, 2014 at 1:19 pm

I’m impressed by a resume that includes both Baptist Pastor and Radio Host.
Which came first? Did he have to get the right-wing talk gig because there are beliefs that are too ridiculous for the church?

ricstewart June 24, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I’m pretty sure Jody Hice is actually performance art.

c_murrayiii June 24, 2014 at 6:49 pm
Ed June 24, 2014 at 7:17 pm

He’s GA-10’s answer to Peaches.

Matt Stout June 24, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Does Erick The Older have an opinion that matters?

saltycracker June 24, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Sometimes it is best to ignore and keep moving rather than stop and taunt

MattMD June 24, 2014 at 8:15 pm