The Georgia Chamber of Commerce has given a survey to all
500,000 11 State School Superintendent candidates. The questions included the candidate’s positions on the following:
- The implementation of higher standards (like the Common Core State Standards) in Georgia.
- The continued implementation of the Career Pathways initiative in Georgia.
- Allocating state funds to local schools based on the needs of their students
- Giving local schools the flexibility to spend state funds as they see fit, as long as they improve student outcomes.
- High-quality charter schools authorized by the state or local boards of education
- Please give examples of how you’ve worked with the business community to improve educational outcomes in Georgia, and how you would do so if elected.
- In particular, what action would you take to close the growing soft skills gap in Georgia?
If you need some help deciding on who to vote for on Tuesday, then go here. Its the spreadsheet with all the candidates responses.