Morning Reads–Hello Again

May 16, 2014 8:03 am

by Ed · 8 comments

How could Fridays get any better? This is how (second Morning Reads from Ed).

REMINDER! Atlanta Bonsai Festival is this Saturday! Anyone who is anyone will be there; anyone who is not, won’t.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

penguin May 16, 2014 at 9:35 am

But the CL link tells me who I can vote for, not who to vote for. How am I ever going to decide!?

Ellynn May 16, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Where is the comment I posted about Ottolenghi and my love of Hazelnut saffron chicken?

GRRRRR.

On a happy note, Ed is back in my good graces.

Ed May 16, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Ellynn May 16, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Damn right you should be relieved.

Ellynn May 16, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Love those crazy Palatinates who become English royals…

Will Durant May 16, 2014 at 3:16 pm

As opposed to the current Saxon/Hessian combos?

Ellynn May 16, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Although The Queen and The House of Windsor is of the orginal line of the House of Wettin through the secondary duchey of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and under the standard rules Diven Right of Monarchy is Saxon by the her line of blood, her heirs would follow the line of her consort. Prince Phillip currently uses the name of the Angelian Moutbatten of the orginanal Hesse-Darmstadt morganatic House of Battenberg, which belongs to his mother’s family. Technically Phillip is a Royal Prince of Greece and Denmark and is born under the patrilineal line of the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, which is not Hessian.

Of course, the British Parlament made as both wrong when they declared Phillip to be De Jure of the House of Winsor.

and yes, I am a German geneology geek. You think that was confussing you should research the Posen area of Prussia…

Harry May 16, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Here’s a Palatine/English royal with an unbelievable biography

One more trivial fact: Carolina (North/South) are named in honor of Charles I, beheaded in 1649.