Sheldon Must Get Getting Under Somebody’s Skin In CD10.

I was forwarded the photo below from a supporter of Rep. Donna Sheldon. Sheldon, as you know, is one of the candidates running for Congress in the 10th district. I’ve disclosed this before but I am supporting Sheldon and have contributed to her campaign.

Donna Sheldon is not the first candidate to have her signs slashed or stolen and she won’t be the last. However it’s worth noting, according to friends of mine in the 10th district, her’s are the only signs being slashed. Someone even stole a sign out of Sheldon’s own front yard.

She must be getting under somebody’s skin out there.

YardSignCut

1. FoggyHighPoint says:

The only signs that I have never seen removed or destroyed, belong to the Hice campaign.

• cody0919 says:

Then you must not be very familiar with the race. I volunteer for the Hice campaign and have personally had to replace at least 20 signs myself. I guarantee you that the large signs have also grown legs and that people I know that are affiliated with the campaign do not engage in that kind of conduct. If that was what you were implying.

2. Brett says:

Don’t know if Donna will win. Don’t know the District well. I do know, Donna is a true conservative, honest, a person of conviction and integrity and someone, as a Georgia resident, I’d be proud to represent my state in the U.S. Congress. Having a vote, I’d cast it for Donna.

3. analogkid says:

As that signs looks to be placed on public right of way, I can’t say this particular act bothers me much.

4. northside101 says:

In the July 31, 2012 primary for this seat (Broun and Stephen Simpson), a total of 84,661 votes were cast. The top five counties (highest to lowest) were:

Walton 13,712
    Oconee 9,026
    Gwinnett 7,195 (keep in mind, only small part of Gwinnett is in the 10th—mostly Gwinnett is split between CD 4 and 7)
    Henry 6,882 (part in 10; rest of county split between CD 3 and 13)
    Barrow 6,848

Dead last was Johnson County at 24 votes (low total perhaps due to primary on Democratic side for sheriff) and just above that, heavily Democratic Taliaferro (the state’s smallest county in population) with 41 total votes.

In the March 2012 Republican presidential primary, Walton also was #1 with 13,302 votes (17% of the district’s total votes), with Gwinnett portion second at 8,089, then Barrow with 7,225, Henry portion at 6,441 and Oconee at 5,706. All in all, definitely a district where the political gravity is on the western end (west of Hwy 441 that runs through Athens, Madison, Eatonton and Milledgeville), East of there is mainly rural, places like Hancock, Wilkes, western Columbia County (most of Columbia is in CD 12)

5. xdog says:

An hour ago I was enjoying a cup in Watkinsville when Donna Sheldon and handler rolled in the parking lot. She was wearing what I can best describe as a red bowling blazer, complete with her name above the right (of course) breast. She looked pretty spry for someone who had probably been on the go for 12 hours with another 8 due before she called it a day. Of course, she’ll get up tomorrow and do the same thing all over again.

We didn’t get a chance to chat. I was outside at one end of the building and since I’m sure she’s experienced enough to sniff out a potential voter at 20 paces, I prefer to think she was focused on the door and the customers inside and not that she intentionally snubbed me. When I left 20 minutes later she was still working the room, filled mostly with students and retirees.