Fox 5 Poll: Perdue Widens Lead; Handel & Kingston Tied for 2nd

In the middle of early voting, Fox 5 Atlanta, Morris News and Insider Advantage released a new poll this afternoon, showing David Perdue with a widening lead at 26% of likely voters. Karen Handel (18%) and Jack Kingston (17%) are tied within the margin of error.

Insider Advantage CEO Matt Towery said,

The battle between Kingston and Handel for the critical second place position has tightened. Handel may be reaching a ceiling, which she might not be able to rise above without a major presence of ads on broadcast television.

Perdue is dominating the age group of 65 and over. Kingston or Handel need to steal some of Perdue’s senior voters because these voters are the most likely to vote, and the most likely to watch ads on television.

The poll of 531 voters has a margin of error of 4.2%

1. Three Jack says:

“The poll of 531 voters has a margin of error of 4.2%” or more since it was an IA poll.

2. DrGonzo says:

Well, we’re sure to get four or five more polls in the next two weeks, so let’s see if this trend continues or if this is an outlier. But man, that’s a high margin of error.

3. John Konop says:

I do think of the top 3 Karen wins a runoff….She would win metro Atllanta….do not think the Broun votes converts to anyone…,

4. Will Durant says:

In my own poll conducted at the Doctor’s office today I have Art Gardner in a runaway without a runoff. My survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 95%, with a confidence level of .01%.
    For further details on my survey you can go to my site and pay only $200 annually or $17.50 monthly to see how we obtained the results. There is no truth to the rumor that a Ouija Board was used and no animals were harmed in the making of this prediction.

• Will Durant says:

Not a day earlier. More like a week. It is a poll from Matt Towery/Insider Advantage just like this one with the methodology hidden behind a pay wall. Breitbart is citing last week’s trying to indicate that Sarah Palin actually made a difference with the momentum for Handel. This week’s same source shows her down 3 points, +/- 4.2. Not what I would label a “surge”.

• NorthGAGOP says:

First line of the article.

“In the Rosetta Stone Communications poll conducted on May 6”

• Will Durant says:

Whoops. I saw the citation to IA highlighted and the numbers are virtually the same as last week’s IA poll. Mea culpa.