Join Kingston For His Busless Bus Tour

May 7, 2014 13:16 pm

by Jon Richards · 24 comments

Republican Senate candidate Jack Kingston began his All Georgia Tour this morning with stops in Rockdale County. He’ll continue towards Savannah by Thursday, and will eventually be in Columbus by Saturday for the final Senatorial Debate.

Unlike fellow candidate David Perdue, Kingston won’t be riding in an outsized RV that looks like something Neal Boortz might be driving in retirement. Reliable sources tell us he won’t be driving the Buick Roadmaster he’s owned for 20 years either.

What will bring Kingston to the various stops on the All Georgia Tour? You’ll just have to attend one of the stops to find out. An updated list through May 14th is below the fold.

::Update::

This picture showed up on Twitter today. Behind Jack and his friend is his Buick Roadmaster. We regret we were misinformed about the Roadmaster being the vehicle for the tour, and as usual, blame others.

Thursday, May 15th

Sunday, May 18th

Fulton County – 11:30 am
Johns Creek Veterans Association Picnic
Newtown Park
3150 Old Alabama Road
Alpharetta

Additional stops will be announced in the coming days.

{ 24 comments… read them below or add one }

TheEiger May 7, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Anyone else notice that there isn’t a single stop that is North of I-20 where the majority of Republican voters are? But hey, Screven County has a ton of pine trees. Kingston’s campaign has now turned into one very sad joke.

Doug Deal May 7, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Nothing turns the Atlanta voter on better than being folksy. His next stop is to take the stage with a broom as say how he is “…gonna sweep them rascals out of office.”

General Jack D. Ripper May 7, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Doug Deal May 7, 2014 at 2:26 pm

“You ain’t lyin’!”

The irony being that this was what I imagined when I made my comment.

Anonymole May 7, 2014 at 2:53 pm
Doug Deal May 7, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Interesting comment from an anonymous Johnny come-lately to PP.

Anonymole May 7, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Oh, I’ve been around for years. I just do more lurking than posting.

General Jack D. Ripper May 7, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I’m actually a Kingston supporter…so does that mean I’me a sock puppet for Kingston?

Doug Deal May 7, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Do you have button eyes or googly eyes?

DrGonzo May 7, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Yeah that doesn’t make sense. He should have a base already in S. GA., he needs to be working the Metro Atlanta counties – you know, where the majority of the state’s population lives.

Will Durant May 7, 2014 at 6:22 pm

“The remainder of the All Georgia Tour will be posted here once it is announced.”

This schedule is only through Saturday.

DrGonzo May 7, 2014 at 2:33 pm

People don’t realize there’s a BMW under that Roadmaster exterior…

Ellynn May 7, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Look at all the military/federal training towns he got earmarks and funding for he is stopping at…

Dawgfan May 7, 2014 at 7:29 pm

And we think liberals are dismissive of people who don’t live in the city. Apparently, the great unwashed in Sylvania are unworthy Georgians. The primary is almost two week out. Now, is the time to spend in the small markets or with the “geographically undesirable” as “theeiger” might say. I’ll bet you the majority of his time after the 10th will be spent “north of I-20″.

TheEiger May 7, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Well bless your heart. As a campaign spokesman for Kingston, why don’t you just tell us when he is going to be up this way since you seem to have such inside knowledge.

Will Durant May 8, 2014 at 1:46 am

Why is it that anyone who dares to point out that whatever nit you have chosen to pick with a Handel opponent may not be valid is then automatically assumed to be a campaign operative for that opponent? Is it that you are with the Handel campaign? How often do you beat your wife? You have done a fine job of convincing me to vote for anyone but Handel with these tactics so maybe you actually work for Perdue and you’re using reverse psychology?

TheEiger May 8, 2014 at 9:26 am

So I shouldn’t point out the hypocrisy of a candidate running for statewide office on a blog that is centered around politics and campaigns? I don’t work anyone. I’m a taxpayer that pays too much in taxes as it is and I want someone that will be a good a good steward of my money and not waste it like Jack has.

TheEiger May 7, 2014 at 8:39 pm

And I have nothing against the good people of Screven county, but when you are looking for water you don’t go to the desert. When you are looking for votes you don’t go to Screven. This must be your first campaign. You will learn.

Dawgfan May 7, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I don’t work for Kingston, and it’s not my first campaign. Rule number one in a primary is to turn out your vote. There are Kingston voters in those counties. You’ll notice the tour starts in the 1st district, and works out from there. Really, it’s simple logistics. Not that it matters to you. It’s easy to see you’re a hater, and do nothing but piss on Kingston every chance you get.

TheEiger May 8, 2014 at 9:23 am

I’m a hater for pointing out the flaws in Kingston’s campaign and how he would be a flawed Senator? So be it. I’ve been called worst.

I guess I’m a hater to continue to point out that Jack isn’t a conservative and that’s why I don’t like him. A good conservative wouldn’t get a $6.3 million earmark to fix the beach at his beach house. My tax dollars went to increasing his property value. We don’t need someone like that in DC. If calling me a hater makes you sleep and night then so be it. He is a fraud.

TheEiger May 8, 2014 at 11:25 am

How about some more Jack Kingston hypocrisy while I’m hating on him. He votes to end the subsidies for his staff’s health insurance, but keeps his own taxpayer subsidized health insurance. Her really is cheap.

“Jack,” his campaign wrote in a memo last fall, “is the only candidate in this race that has voted to eliminate taxpayer-funded insurance subsidies for Members of Congress and their staffs.”

But what the memo didn’t mention—and what Kingston doesn’t talk about on the trail—is that Georgia taxpayers are footing as much as 75 percent of the bill for his own health insurance. That’s because Kingston, 58, receives health coverage through a plush package that has allowed him access to a lifetime of subsidized health benefits due to his past service in the Georgia statehouse.

DrGonzo May 8, 2014 at 10:08 am

We have nothing against those folks, but you do realize the majority of the state population lives within 75 miles of Atlanta, including a metric a– load of Republicans?

PoliticalJoe May 7, 2014 at 11:26 pm

DrGonzo May 8, 2014 at 10:10 am

Kingston is still a tool of his CofC crony capitalist masters.