Suit and Tie Not Required

April 30, 2014 9:30 am

by Scarlet Hawk · 6 comments

If you’ve never had the pleasure of visiting Walton County, here’s your chance.  Republican Party Chairman Roy Roberts is hosting his annual barbecue at his farm on May 27th from 5-8pm, at his farm, 54 Nunally Farm Rd. Monroe, Ga 30655.  You can buy tickets in advance or at the door.  Roy’s email is below the fold.  It’s a good opportunity for politicking, Robinson’s Bbq (of Monroe), and hearing Roy’s jokes (that have never been and will never be politically correct).

Protip: it’s ALWAYS hotter than hell and no one wears a suit- not even the Governor, so you shouldn’t either.  Come early or wear comfortable shoes because you’ll have to hike- up a gravel driveway.  Y’all come, and tell Roy I sent you.  Details below the fold.

Fellow Republicans,
We have set the date for our annual bar-b-q for May 27th, the Tuesday after Memorial Day.  It will be held from 5-8pm.  A list of the committed officials at this time is listed below . I will be sending tickets out a couple of weeks before the event and we have to sell a large number in making this the best and biggest political event in the State.
Committed officials at this time
Senator Johnny Isakson
Governor Nathan Deal
Lt Governor Casey Cagle
Sec of State Brian Kemp
Ag Commissioner Gary Black
Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens
Attorney General Sam Olens
Of course there will also be most al of our local officials and most all of the runoff candidates.  We expect a great crowd and a great time.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Jon Lester April 30, 2014 at 10:04 am

I’ll be out of state that day. Otherwise, I’d love to go to this.

greencracker April 30, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Le sigh. Once people started eating other peoples’ barbecue but then not voting for them, we all had to start exchanging money for BBQ tix. Sad times.

Will Durant April 30, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Yeah but look at the legacy left from that era. A nice 4 lane to Bainbridge.

WeymanCWannamakerJr April 30, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Well, I would come but I just don’t have a thing to wear. If I leave off my suit jacket my pancake holster is just too old and decrepit to be seen. Otherwise all I have is an OWB tiger stripe camo canvas holster that has been out of fashion for 30 years or my old white one for my dress blues that I wouldn’t be caught dead in.

beeffordinner May 14, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I’ve been going to this great event for years and hope all the republicans acknowledge and thank The wonderful other owner of Nunnally Farm, Billy Roberts Sr who will be greatly missed this year! See y’all there !

xdog May 19, 2014 at 7:43 am