Morning Reads: Pain at the Pump, The Finger Wagging Olympics

More Than 500 Cast Early Ballots in DeKalb on First Day of Voting
Donors Will Pay for Transition in Atlanta School Leadership
Deal Vetoes Bill That Would Settle Brookhaven, Chamblee Annexation Dispute
Jet Blue Off to Fast Start in Savannah
Gruden: Aaron Murray Will Make Someone’s Draft Very Exciting

John Konop April 30, 2014 at 7:37 am

The most likely way the GOP blows the midterms is if candidates like Broun get nominated….not only does it put safe seats at risk….even if you win it drains resources fighting safe seats…..ie look at Georgia…..right now the GOP has a 60 percent chance of taking over the senate with right candidates…..The real question is not if the Dems hold on….it is will the GOP fumble the football….You have the ball up by 2 touchdowns and it is the 4rth quarter with the clock running out…Will you throw bombs or just get a few first downs and guarantee a win?

Jackster April 30, 2014 at 9:44 am

I’d like to thank Jon Richards for posting the State School Super Q&A Conference Calls, hosted by Monica Henson. It was a good opportunity to ask pointed questions that have nothing to do with Charter Schools, Common Core, or other campaign fodder.
(http://www.peachpundit.com/2014/04/29/conference-calls-today-with-nancy-jester-and-ashley-bell/)

Combined with the odd email from Political Vine this morning about Todd Rehm and the Jester campaign, I found myself valuing Monica’s conference calls all the more, as I didn’t have to parse GaPundit or PV spin. I was able to get my answers directly from the horse’s mouth. As opposed to the other end of the horse.

Jon Lester April 30, 2014 at 10:25 am

I forgot to study up on the candidates for that office when I voted Monday, and my chosen ballot had something like six names to choose from, so I went with the one at the bottom of the list, figuring that was the most disadvantaged.

Jackster April 30, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Yeah I skipped about 95% of that diatribe, as all he really had to say was, “Since Nancy Jester is a client, I object to any poll showing anyone else besides my client in the lead.”

That’s about the sum of it, and would have been more accurate than whatever that was.

Will Durant April 30, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Was the “swift vote” followed by “Kerry, under siege” on purpose? Very good Tim.

Comments on this entry are closed.