Do You Know How to Cut and Paste Text?

April 18, 2014 19:53 pm

by Stefan · 15 comments

And want to make $150,000 a year?

Because if so, there’s a job open at GPB, because Chip Rogers no longer has one. Greg Bluestein reported that Rogers was let go today from GPB, a job he was only in because Nathan Deal wanted to move him on from the Senate.

The job consisted of getting a press release by email, then writing an intro and then cutting and pasting the press release below it and hitting “post”. Which is basically what each one of your steadfast and loyal Peach Pundit front page posters do everyday. For free.

Too bad we don’t know the Governor.

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

Anyone But Chip April 18, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Aww…looks like his dreams are crushed. Thankfully they waited until after qualification ended. I’m sure he’s looking into running as an independent for something…maybe he can jump into the State Superintendents race.

saltycracker April 19, 2014 at 5:12 pm
George Chidi April 18, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Hey! GPB! I need a real job, too! For real!

I’ll work for half his pay and hot pockets in the break room.

Stefan April 18, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I can personally vouch for your cutting and pasting skills. Feel free to use me as a reference.

Will Durant April 18, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Sorry George, I would be willing to make book that the position will be eliminated along with the Chipster. I would also be willing to wager that his decision to moonlight as a lobbyist for the Patel Hotels probably blew his deal with Deal but I don’t have as much confidence in that one being a winner.

xdog April 18, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Per Bluestein, Rogers was ‘blindsided’ by the news. Sorry I didn’t get to see it first-hand. Loony hack. I hope he continues to be an embarrassment to Deal.

John Konop April 19, 2014 at 7:17 am

I heard Chip is getting a job as VP of the Asian Ametican Hotel Association…….hope it is true…agree or not with people on politics we should all wish the best for jobs….

Raleigh April 19, 2014 at 10:00 am

Basically an “elected” state senator was fired by the governor for 150K severance out of the pocket of state tax payers and I’m supposed to wish him well? OK I do wish him well, in the private sector and remind him that Delta is ready. I just wish Delta was ready when we were not when he is. He is nothing but a quitter and the hotel association deserves him. Good riddance.

Jane April 19, 2014 at 8:46 am

Yes, he got a lobbyist job for a hotel association. Any jokes on his previous investment in a hotel?

Will Durant April 19, 2014 at 10:26 am

No, the joke was on us, the taxpayers on that one.

Jane April 19, 2014 at 10:28 am

Time to defund government all owned media, not just GPB.

Dave Bearse April 19, 2014 at 12:26 pm

“He [Deal] worried Chip Rogers was going to be an issue. It makes you wish every year is an election year when it comes to Nathan Deal.” – Vincent Fort

analogkid April 19, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Probably the most frustrating aspect of this fiasco is that his year of making (I won’t say “earning”) $150k drastically raises his average salary for pension purposes, which is something we’ll all be on the hook for for the rest of Chip’s natural life.

Dave Bearse April 20, 2014 at 12:47 pm

So was he fired, or laid off and collecting unemployment?

Three Jack April 21, 2014 at 10:59 am