I dare you to frown listening to this song.
- First off, I am contractually obligated not to make a Macbeth/Faulkner reference in regards to David Pennington’s non-announcement announcement.
- 5 of 7 GOP Senate candidates debate having unlimited cash for elections at the Cobb County Republican Women’s Club, while Jack Kingston and David Perdue wonder what to do with it.
- Geico plans to hire about 520 workers in Macon this year.
- We are likely to see the first GOP primary runoff between two black Georgians, remarkably late to break that barrier. Only one black Georgian has been elected to statewide office without being first appointed as an incumbent.
- In Hipster News: the moon of SweetWater begins to rise as deals with Turner Field crush other IPAs in SweetWater’s hoppy fist.
- Do financial projections for the new Braves stadium add up?…. Well. We’re waiting….
- Atlanta is getting a Major League Soccer team. To celebrate, look back fondly on all the professional soccer teams you don’t remember Atlanta having them.
- Flagpole thinks the Nancy Pelosi “we have to pass the bill to know what’s in it” approach is bad on the state level too.
- Pro-Russian strongmen were shot by Ukrainian forces in Eastern Ukraine, for which Putin condemns Ukraine and that pesky sovereignty concept.
- For a fascinating look at events on the ground, here’s a blog by a man who appears to be a current Ukrainian solider writing for the Kyiv Post, “Ukraine’s leading-English language newspaper.”
- 287 South Korean passengers of a sunken ferry, many of whom are school children, are missing. CNN has assured the world it can drag this tragedy on far longer than necessary or decent.
- All That, a Nickelodeon sketch comedy show that introduced the world to Kenan Thompson, Amanda Bynes, and Nick Cannon, turned 20 yesterday. If you don’t remember it, your kids probably do.
- Aaron Sorkin is a good writer who writes a bad show. Parody here.
- Research indicates: we’ve hit peak beard, the brain declines after 24, casual marijuana use among those under 30 linked to brain changes.
- Finally, if you’re a Jewish man, watch out next week.