It’s the first full month of spring. Wake up and smell the pollen, people
Morning reads after the jump
- New WSB polls show State Sen. Jason Carter within reach of Governor Deal. No, really.
- David Perdue does not lack for self-esteem.
- Michelle Nunn has released her first television ad, centered on “optimism”, which the dictionary defines as not having a serious primary challenger.
- The Masters begin a week from today. Golfing legend Will Ferrell has already offered analysis.
- All 14 Congressmen from Georgia signed a letter “for the chairmen of the House budget subcommittee” to approve the deepening of the Port of Savannah.
- ATL rapper 2 Chainz was arrested for trying to sneak codeine through LAX airport. Suffice it to say that is not what he wanted for his birthday. (NSFW)
- Four dead in a shooting at Fort Hood, Texas. The shooter was an active-duty solider. “There is no indication this incident is related to terrorism.” –Lt. Gen Mark A. Milley
- Chief Justice Roberts hands down the most important campaign finance ruling since Citizen’s United, allowing donors to give to as many candidates as they want. Here’s the conservative argument, filtered with cynicism. Somewhere, Sheldon Adelson’s tiny heart jumped for joy.
- Jezebel has helpfully released a taxonomy of the bro. Naturally Georgia is full of Southern bros, but we have our share of Dallas Bros and DC Bros as well. Find your brodentity and tell us in the comments.
- The possible result of GOP victory in the Senate, summarized nicely.
- Keith Hennessey breaks down the difference in the Ryan and Obama budget.
- Compelling case for religious liberty from an atheist. Thank God for those for whom Constitutional liberties are more than identity politics.
- Finally, pity the 1%.