This song goes out to all those dreamers nostalgic for the 2014 session that was and the 2014 session that will never be.
Morning reads after the jump
- The 40th day of the General Assembly’s session will be consumed by the same topics as the first 39: gun rights and medical marijuana
- Gov. Deal proposed a plan to allow rural hospitals to scale back services to keep from closing altogether. Opposed: politicos not currently governing, currently running for office
- Galloway dissects the implications of Paul Broun’s rhetoric coach
- In unrelated news, Charlie Cook moved the GOP Senate race to “toss-up”
- Folks with Moral Mondays got arrested. You’ve got to be impressed with anyone willing to suffer for a lost cause and concerned for anyone with messaging so poor most people don’t know what that cause is
- Race! Election laws! History! The AJC’s study on county-level elected officials attempts to address all three and still manages to get “hard to measure” in the headline
- The Georgia Board of Regents did what was right for their thousands of adopted children and banned smoking on Georgia’s public campuses
- Georgia Tech president asks students to stop stealing his T, lunch money
- If you’ve ever considered running for governor, do it. This man has a worse reason
- Ukraine has surrendered control of the Crimea. No jokes here, and it appears there will be no poems by Tennyson either
- Obama has taken the Second Crimean War off the table. Was there a man dismay’d?
- We can impose sanctions, we can seize passports, but as long as we leave one Russian official Tupac and Howl he won’t mind
- The FBI is trying to recover deleted data from the flight simulator owned by the pilot of Flight 370 to determine if the plane’s diversion was planned
- More on the Malaysian Mystery™: Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott believes satellite images may have found objects from the plane in the southern Indian Ocean
- Why isn’t the Fourth Amendment classified as Top Secret?
- A 56 year-old man “essentially baked to death” in a Riker’s Island cell over 100 degrees
- Running for office and not getting any respect? The Wall Street Journal recommends sweatpants
If you hope to sit quietly and reflect after sine die, you’ll want to do it to this song