Representative Sam Moore’s Legislative Update

March 3, 2014 20:18 pm

by Nathan · 26 comments

Intrigue! Drama! Thirst for #LIBERTY!!!

Representative Sam Moore (R-HD 22) sent out a legislative update to his constituency. Read it for yourself, but there are some….interesting tidbits in there:

We discussed the other bills I have dropped, such as the upcoming H.B. 1014, which rids Georgia of Obamacare completely. This bill may come into play tomorrow during Session, so I have been prepping for it all weekend. This is the bill that ‘earned’ me the scary letter from Legislative Council that I may be violating sedition laws by dropping it. In other words, a one-way trip to Gitmo.

I dropped it anyway.

It’s time that we stand up for our rights, and stand against Federal Government overreach. Of the 180 guys down there, I’m the only one with the guts to do what practically everyone in the State wants to have done – kill Obamacare once and for all.

I have the image of him going *thhhbbbth* towards the House leadership. But read that again. He is the *only* representative that is willing to stand up and fight Obamacare. Uhh….ok?

Another interesting spot is where he is in both hunger and thirst and won’t take a Coke:

Another issue down there is the freebies. As I mentioned in the Town Hall meeting, they are everywhere. I have not taken a single one. In fact, I sat starving and thirsty in the Ethics class I had a week ago last Friday, ignoring the free Coke provided by the Coca-Cola company sitting right in front of me. I treat freebies like poison.

Get this: they have an entire room devoted to free food, only accessible to State House Reps. I do not partake. A guy sits there and offers it to you all day long. I’m glad he has a job and he’s a great guy, but knowing that this entire room is sponsored by a business I may one day vote for/against makes me sick.

Every day, there are trinkets and syrups and food and goodies placed on our legislative desks. Not mine. I told the House Staff that all of it was junk, and I didn’t want any of it. The same goes for the crap they put into our offices. I told my assistants that I didn’t even want to see it. I’m the only one like that, but eventually, there will be others who follow. Eventually, the culture down there will shift. Eventually, I won’t sit at my desk and hear the Rep next to me say, “I hope we get some goodies from X tomorrow, I heard they were in town.” Disgusting.

I even told them to cancel my special State House Rep plate. I already have a license plates for my vehicles. What is the point of creating another plate? It’s a waste of money. I’m not above the law, so I shouldn’t get special treatment by the police if I am pulled over just because I have some special license plate. I should have followed the law like everyone else is expected to do.

I’m sure that the gentleman from the 22nd District is steadfast in his principles and beliefs (although, if you’re willing to sellout for a freaking Coke, then you have serious character issues…I doubt that happens all that often in the legislature. I know fine men and women who honorably serve their constituents), but he seems more like a mercenary of liberty rather than a statesman. He says that he learned his lesson from HB 1033, but he continues to throw bombs at his Republican colleagues…those colleagues who would probably try to help him craft sensible legislation.

Alienation of those who would be his allies continues because, you know, liberty or whatever.

Charles4Truth March 3, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Good thing the GOP isn’t eating their own.

Harry March 3, 2014 at 8:57 pm

I’m thinking Rep. Bobby Franklin would make a fine role model for all erstwhile mavericks down there.

Mrs. Adam Kornstein March 3, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I don’t think you should wish dying alone and not being found for days on anyone.

Harry March 3, 2014 at 11:13 pm

That’s not what I meant.

John Konop March 3, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Most of us agree with Sam Moore on 70 percent of what he was trying to achieve…….the problem is the 30 percent is so far off it kills the 70 percent…..both bills he suggested had some merit….had Sam done it right he would of gained support….the real question is can Sam weigh rational pragmatic solutions verse his burning no compromise in your face ideology?

The sad part both bills done right are needed legislation. We went from debating no knock warrants for non violent suspects, and broad brushing poor judgement of inappropriate behavior……to Sam making this into giving more rights to real sexual predators……

ieee March 5, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I see when someone says “sex offender” perhaps your brain shuts off, because you missed reality.

The only way that Moore’s bill could have had any effect at all on public safety or ANY “sex offender” is if it is legal for any person who is NOT listed on a Sex Offender Registry to loiter at schools, parks, etc. So, is that legal? I will say that I don’t know for sure but I can’t imagine that it is. Seems like it would be a bad idea. And I would add that you people who are brainless when it comes to “sex offenders”, don’t care that, according to your logic, it is just fine that people who have shot children, beaten children, manufacture drugs for children, or whatever, can loiter at schools, parks, etc. all they like. No problem.

In intelligent, responsible, legal governments, there is no “sex offender” panic. But if your criminal regime is going to do the normal Sex Offender Witch Hunt routine (for example, like the criminal regime of Florida), then you really have zero excuses not to get the rest of your Registries created. If you don’t, you are exposing your true motives and they have VERY little to do with “public safety”, “protecting children”, or any of those other lies.

Mrs. Adam Kornstein March 3, 2014 at 10:00 pm

in 2009 we used to stop by a certain house reps office just to see how high all that stuff was piling up on his desk. He clearly never worked at it or went to the office. I think the staff/other reps either took what they wanted, or threw it away each week. I felt sorry for the baby pine trees that dried up and died.

I guess he was ahead of his time.

saltycracker March 3, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Scary,,,,he’ll pass the coke for the Kool-aid…

Baker March 4, 2014 at 12:47 am

A little spooked by some of the legislation, but I like his take on the freebies…however, he’s nearing the self-righteous line. Q: How do you know it’s raining? A: Sam Moore’s nose is wet…(Get it? cause it’s so high up in the air) I wish him the best of luck but if he messes up or takes a freebie or whatever, there will be a line around the corner of people jumping to call him on it.

Nathan March 4, 2014 at 11:36 am

I’m sure there are a few representatives and senators who don’t partake of freebies, but you don’t hear them slamming their colleagues. It’s a matter of choice. Some folks don’t want to deal with the perception of taking gifts while others know that their vote is based on the values of their constituency and isn’t for sale.

Baker March 4, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Yeah I don’t disagree about the freebies…there are those who don’t partake…but there are those partake plenty and I don’t blame the guy for speaking out about it…but he better be extra careful.

Raleigh March 4, 2014 at 6:25 am

Boy this has become a peach pundit obsession.

“I’m sure that the gentleman from the 22nd District is steadfast in his principles and beliefs (although, if you’re willing to sellout for a freaking Coke, then you have serious character issues…I doubt that happens all that often in the legislature.”

No you are right it’s a lot more that a “freaking coke”. Let’s see. Junkets to Germany. The Oaky Wood’s land purchase debacle, The Equani spa, Per Diem overcharging, state approved monopoly car salvage business to name just a very few. Let’s not forget the fine upstanding way state government treats the now nonexistent ethics board.

I never miss an opportunity to tell new potential voters about these and more, state leadership deserves it.

What leadership?

What we have is here is Republicrats and Demicans very little difference between the two parties.

Smaller government and lower taxes, no that’s not Georgia. Least ethical and lobbyist friendly, now that’s Georgia. The rest of the country knows it and the reputation is well deserved.

saltycracker March 4, 2014 at 10:18 am

Common sense is knowing the difference between a free coke at a Capital meeting room and a junket with golf, massages and a luxury suite to get info readily available downtown.

Raleigh March 4, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Common sense? There is precious little of that under the gold dome Mr. Salty. After all they have been doing the “Same thing for 20 years”. All this fervor over a relative new rookie newcomer makes me wonder what midnight surprises for end of session the veteran law makers have in store for us. Maybe another Ad Valorem tax break for the auto dealer lobby. It could be more internet taxes. Must be really good whatever it is.

Tiberius March 4, 2014 at 9:54 am

Wow. A new high of egomania and self-righeousness in politics. I did not think that was possible.

seenbetrdayz March 5, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Are you talking about Sam Moore or the feigned outrage we’re seeing in every column now?

Authority4truth March 4, 2014 at 10:16 am

I personally find it disheartening that he is admittedly abandoning the platform of transparency that he ran on and taking on a policy of lying to the media…..and apparently bashing beloved icons that represent our great city of Atlanta. I hope they don’t offer him a free Braves t-shirt. I’d hate to hear what he has to say about America’s team.

ieee March 5, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Well, he certainly found out that if he is going to continue to be a politician then he must be a liar and demagogue when it comes to “sex offenders”. We can’t have anyone thinking those people or their families have “rights”.

Three Jack March 4, 2014 at 1:57 pm

So after Sam has pretty much set himself up to proceed alone, who does he expect to be his mentor? I don’t necessarily disagree with his position on the freebies, but he has spent much time recently blaming the lack of a mentor for his missteps. From this update, it would seem he will be able to use that excuse often going forward.

ieee March 5, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Gosh, I don’t know, perhaps someone with a spine and courage who is interested in truth and moral government? There surely must be a handful of people in the legislature that qualify? No?

Authority4truth March 4, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Maybe he can get John McGill, former principal at Mt. Carmel, now that he is out of work. I can only imagine McGill supports his legislation.

ieee March 5, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Charlie March 5, 2014 at 12:11 pm

You’re back to spamming us with the same comments in different places. You’ve been given a wide degree of latitude here which you are abusing. This is your final warning.

ieee March 8, 2014 at 12:14 am

All of the comments that I made have been on-topic. I did not know that every response I made had to be different. But I understand that now. Thank you for explaining that to me. But if I didn’t comment on here every once in a while, no one would have a clue about reality. All they would know would be “sex offender”, “sex offender”, “sex offender”, which I think is all most people want to know.

John Konop March 8, 2014 at 10:46 am

Many on this blog for years have spoken out about overcharging for non sexual predators…you do a disservice by underplaying the issue with real sexual predators….

ieee March 10, 2014 at 6:15 pm

I will say that at least you, for one single person, do seem to possibly care about preventing sex crimes. Most other people don’t care about that as much as they do having their precious Sex Offender Registries (SORs).

But yeah, there are plenty of people listed on the SORs who are “low level” offenders and never, ever should have been considered being listed by any person with half a brain. But that’s a given. The fact that those people ever were on a Registry is just more proof how insane, idiotic, and negligent these criminal governments are. I don’t worry much about talking about “low level” offenders because no one with any sense ever did think that was okay to list them.

Beyond that, the Sex Offender Registries are an idiotic idea, ESPECIALLY for the worst of the worst sex offenders. Especially for them. All experts have always said that. All experts have always said that the Registries would be counterproductive and they were 100% correct.

The Sex Offender Registries in Georgia have saved no one and harmed who-knows-how-many children. They have certainly increased sex crimes. They have directly resulted in the murders of children, including Christopher Barrios, Melinda Hinson, and who knows who else.

Those children were murdered by the Georgia Legislature, led by the former criminal legislator Jerry Keen, would could have barely murdered those children more directly than if he would have choked them to death with his bare hands. That criminal even had the unbelievable gall to say that the Christopher murder demonstrated how much his moronic laws were needed. Review that case and you will not be able to believe the gall that took. He is an unbelievable liar and idiot supreme.

As far as me doing a “disservice” about “sex offenders”, there is no way I could compete with the criminal regime of Georgia for doing that. They showed just how low and immoral they would go just to do nothing but attack people that everyone could hate. They have never been concerned with facts or reality, starting with the simple existence of the Registries themselves.

Then, there is a literal MOUNTAIN of evidence that proves that “residency restrictions” (a.k.a. BS harassment) is of no value and again, even counterproductive. Does that stop anyone from supporting it? Of course not. But to be fair, I will give Georgia credit that they are not as supremely idiotic as so, so many other criminal regimes are. Georgia seems to have a brain occaisonally. If they were smart, they would ensure that “Georgia” and “sex offender” were never mentioned together again. If they were smart.

But even that was not enough for Georgia. They thought once they put “residency restrictions” in place that it would be good to force people to move out of homes that they owned and lived in for decades (that is what got Christopher murdered, BTW). The ONLY stopped doing that because courts forced them to stop. But there was never one single American who supported that nonsense.

A listed person has to show up at the office of a sheriff at least once per year just prior to their birthday. Do you think it would matter if the person did that say within 2 weeks before their birthday to 2 weeks after? It wouldn’t make jack squat difference. So what does Georgia force at the point of a gun? That a person shows up on exactly one specific day, between the hours of 8 and 12. People are supposed to respect a criminal regime that acts like that, for no benefit to anyone? It is nothing but harassment.

And what, what else? The list is long. How about trying to force people to tell big government all their e-mail addresses, etc., so private communications could be read. The main agenda is to try to force people who completed legal probationary sentences years or decades ago back onto probation. It just goes on and on. But this is too long already.

I will just close by saying that these criminal regimes really showed their true colors when it came to “sex offenders”. The SORs are ineffective but they really, really make the people who are listed on them want to hurt other people. That is their main effect. And because these criminal regimes have shown that they are actually MORE immoral than “sex offenders” are, I can never, ever support their efforts for anything. So you are not going to hear me cheering them on or supporting any of their ideas for controlling anyone, even the worst of the worst “sex offenders”. The criminal regimes have proven that the cannot be trusted. And tens of millions of people know that.

Besides, if the SORs are so wonderful, there are no reasons not to have created many other Registries a decade ago. I’m not saying that sex crimes can’t be heinous or that the people who commit them cannot be very, very dangerous. But I am saying that there are many, many, many other people who have never committed a sex crime who are plenty more dangerous than 95% of the people on the SORs and there is no reason they are not listed on a Registry. I find it beyond amazing that I am listed on an SOR but even the most active gangbangers in Atlanta are not. Yeah, it’s all about public safety.

Comments on this entry are closed.