On this day in 1827, the people of New Orleans celebrated the first Mardi Gras.
More notably, on this day in 1922, the 19th amendment was declared Constitutional for purposes of ratification and ultimately granting women the right to vote.
- Are Southerners the most miserable?
- 10 Commandments perhaps headed to Capitol grounds.
- Proposed “English only” resolution has some folks up in arms.
- Taxpayers foot the bill for press tour to Augusta.
- No link, just noting: HB 885 (medical cannibis) passed out of the Health & Human Services committee yesterday and will be up for a floor vote on Crossover.
- Fines reduced for businesses hiring illegal immigrants.
- I just….lost! all the guns….
- Judge strikes down gay marriage ban in Texas. Meanwhile, Jan Brewer vetoes “anti-gay” bill.
- ‘No’ on Iran sanctions.
- It matters, it matters not.
- NASA finds 715 new plants………[crickets]
- Knife? Robbery? Meh.
- Age of pops affects the brains of babes.