Top Elections Official Tells GOP: Looking Forward to Winning in ’14

February 13, 2014 12:16 pm

by Tim Darnell · 10 comments

Brian Kemp, Georgia Secretary of State

Brian Kemp, Georgia Secretary of State

The man in charge of ensuring impartial elections in Georgia told his fellow GOP secretaries of state that he is looking forward to helping Republicans win elections across the nation in 2014.

On Thursday, Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp was named chairman of the Republican Secretaries of State Committee (RSSC).

“With 18 seats to defend, and the opportunity to go on offense in Nevada, Arizona, Colorado and Iowa, the RSSC will be making an impact across the country,” Kemp said in a statement. “I look forward to working with these great leaders to win elections and put into place policies that instill confidence and integrity in our voting process.”

Matt Walter, president of the Republican State Leadership Committee, said, “The RSSC begins 2014 well positioned. With both strong fundraising and a great team of leaders ,our secretaries will expand their caucus and keep elections fair.”

Serving with Kemp on the RSSC’s 2014 executive committee are:

• Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett
  • Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler
  • Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz
  • New Mexico Secretary of State Dianna Duran
  • Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted
  • Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
  • Washington Secretary of State Kim Wyman

The RSSC says its goal is to elect Republican secretaries of state across the country.

Harry February 13, 2014 at 12:57 pm
Richard February 13, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Before he spends too much time on National Republican business, he needs to get his house in order. There have been more problems with the SOS website since his election than all the previous SOS’s terms combined. Based on his performance so far, he wouldn’t get my vote again.

South Fulton Guy February 14, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Ditto

F. Underwood February 13, 2014 at 2:23 pm

He’s the man!

South Fulton Guy February 14, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Richard do you mean SOS Website problems like this: http://sos.ga.gov/plb/publicorders/PublicBoardOrdersByProfessionAndYear.aspx

Doug Deal February 14, 2014 at 7:26 pm

You guys are way off and are being completely unfair. I highly doubt he will be responsible for any mission critical tasks that can be mishandled.

One day, though, we’ll have 2013 election data. Of course we might have that now, but I stopped looking after 3 months.

South Fulton Guy February 15, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Doug are you referring to the voter history files are not being current? (last updated January 9th and no 2013 voter history data at all): http://sos.ga.gov/cgi-bin/voterhistory.asp

Doug Deal February 15, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Yes. But it is okay, I’m sure the Stoneridge Group probably has it for sale.

South Fulton Guy February 20, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Doug they have loaded the 2013 Voter History file on the SOS Website!!

Doug Deal February 23, 2014 at 6:01 pm

I am on the way to the hospital in an ambulance as I think my heart stopped not once but twice upon hearing the news. Wish me luck, I hope the 2013 data is still there after I get out.

Comments on this entry are closed.