The man in charge of ensuring impartial elections in Georgia told his fellow GOP secretaries of state that he is looking forward to helping Republicans win elections across the nation in 2014.
“With 18 seats to defend, and the opportunity to go on offense in Nevada, Arizona, Colorado and Iowa, the RSSC will be making an impact across the country,” Kemp said in a statement. “I look forward to working with these great leaders to win elections and put into place policies that instill confidence and integrity in our voting process.”
Matt Walter, president of the Republican State Leadership Committee, said, “The RSSC begins 2014 well positioned. With both strong fundraising and a great team of leaders ,our secretaries will expand their caucus and keep elections fair.”
Serving with Kemp on the RSSC’s 2014 executive committee are:
- Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett
- Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler
- Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz
- New Mexico Secretary of State Dianna Duran
- Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted
- Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
- Washington Secretary of State Kim Wyman
The RSSC says its goal is to elect Republican secretaries of state across the country.