On this day in 1777, Georgia became the first state to adopt a new state constitution which specifically eliminated primogeniture (favoritism to the eldest son) and entail (leaving land with only one male heir).
Also on this day in 1917, Mexico proclaimed their own Constitution. Bless them.
- Ava’s Law gaining traction in the Georgia legislature. Haleigh’s Hope Act, too.
- Help the [ex]prisoners!!
- All the Georgia kids that are going to be famous.
- Tech student blowing things up and stuff.
- Some things never die-pun intended.
- Snow storms can be good for the economy. Someone call Governor Deal.
- Governor circumvents the state legislature.
- Tenure: “…intellectual freedom in exchange for lower pay than other occupations that require advanced degrees…”
- Time to end oil export ban?
- Perhaps Clay Aiken’s Congressional campaign will have more success than his music career.
- This girl can swallow swords……..
- US gives terrorist toothpaste tips to Russia.
- Bieber’s pilots can’t fly jet without oxygen masks.
- The UN is reprimanding the Vatican. What would God say about sanctioning the Pope?
- Pharmaceutical prices…raise them? regulate them?