Thanks to Erick, And All Those Who Went Above & Beyond

January 31, 2014 9:00 am

by Charlie · 5 comments

This was posted to my Facebook page, and I thought I would share:

The Heroes of Snowed In Atlanta 2014
Michele Cox:
Has anyone given a shout out of thanks to Eric Erickson of WSB radio, who stayed on the air for hours and hours and kept us informed through the night? We finally had to spend the night in our van (husband is a quadriplegic so we couldn’t walk up our hill) after 14 hours of traffic. We turned off the radio so we could try to sleep around 3 am, so I don’t know how long Eric was broadcasting. I appreciate his company all afternoon and night.

Cheers to everyone that “did their job” that provided comfort to those in an incredibly stressful situation this week.  A lot of folks worked overtime, many in unpleasant conditions and putting themselves in danger.  Many others stepped up and volunteered in ways that just filled needs as they saw them.  As heads begin to cool and temperatures thaw, I hope many will take the opportunity to see the beauty of humanity in this event, not just the problems of managing a crisis.

{ 5 comments… read them below or add one }

Jon Lester January 31, 2014 at 9:28 am

I’m glad to know Erick can rise to the occasion and be a real broadcaster, which is something people wouldn’t know if they only heard his opinion programming.

saltycracker January 31, 2014 at 9:36 am

Passing out the HERO label for a good deed and a good job ?

Charlie January 31, 2014 at 9:43 am

To a quadriplegic and his wife who spent 14 hours in a frozen car Tuesday night, apparently he was.

Jackster January 31, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Pretty sure Erick qualifies, as per Bonnie Tyler’s “I need a hero”

Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasies
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There’s someone reaching back for me
Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
Isn’t there a superman to sweep me off my feet?

2g Strategies (@2gstrategies) January 31, 2014 at 9:37 am

From @peachpundit Thanks to Erick, And All Those Who Went Above & Beyond http://t.co/JHBOqlOIbE