41 years ago this month (the exact date is lost to the pages of history) saw the formation of Western culture’s crowning accomplishment of the last 500 years… KISS.
Here’s MTV’s broadcast of their 1995 “Unplugged” concert, IMO their best.
A couple of things to watch today:
- Georgia Board of Regents to discuss smoking ban.
- Glavine, Maddux, McGriff among others who will learn if they will be enshrined into the
Baseball Writers Monument to ThemselvesBaseball Hall of Fame. It’s a shame the Hall is now such a joke.
- Aubrey Lee Price has his federal bond hearing today. This story is so weird.
- The parents of Kendrick Johnson continuing to push for an inquiry. Another really weird story.
- Cops, roads to be Reed’s priorities in new term.
- Reed still isn’t on board with Carter’s campaign. This testy relationship of two of the state’s leading Democrats will get really awkward really fast.
- Six more disgraced APS employees plead guilty in cheating scandal hearing. That brings the total number of guilty pleas to 17. I might have more to say about this later.
- Alleged Georgia terrorists say they were all talk and no game.
- In 2013, 75 inches of rain fell on SW Georgia, causing “havoc” to farms and construction projects.
- T-Mobile’s spectrum purchase will benefit Atlanta. Yay.
- Atlanta-based YP buys Sense Networks.
- Cotton prices hit three-month highs.
- Southerners don’t like this cold.
- This cold is an inconvenience to most of us, but there is a tent city, where the temperature is a life-or-death situation, in sight of the Capitol.
More KISS-tory (get it? Like “history” + “KISS”)… In October’s Kiss Kruise they played “The Oath” at both of their electric shows. I for one, hope “Music from ‘The Elder'” gains more respect as time goes on.