On this day in 1789, North Carolina became the 12th state to ratify the U.S. Constitution. Also on this day, in 1993, the House voted against making D.C. state #51. Amen.
- Peach State jobless rate down again in October.
- A guilty plea in the APS cheating scandal.
- A sour attempt to connect DFCS investigations and homeschooling.
- Hundreds turn out for #gadem fundraiser and rally behind Carter and Nunn.
- More officialness in the GA1. (Busy week for those who unofficially announced their announcement previously.)
- Pastors in Columbus look to campaign against the politics of political campaigning.
Jimmy (and maybe Jason) Carter
- Bibles marked “fiction” at a California Costco.
- Hawaii lawmaker smashes and trashes belongings of the homeless. Yeah.
- I do enjoy the tidbits on Kennedy’s conservatism. John, not Ted, of course.
- It’s those dern private entities…they should embrace regulation!
- Gitmo #shutdown progress? Meh- I won’t hold my breath.
- Alcoholics in Amsterdam can get paid in beer instead of cash.
- SnapChat demographics. No one is surprised.
- “Selfie” is the 2013 Word of the Year.
- Those campus police officers…are they ‘real’?
- $10/day if you pack your kid an unhealthy lunch. #thanksMichelle
- In Vancouver, there will be no knobs!! Levers for sinks, doors, everything.
- University of Colorado bans discrimination based on political affiliation. But just ’cause it’s banned doesn’t mean it’s a problem.
- Deportations on minor crimes labeled ‘aggravated’ just for immigrants…where do we draw the line?
- We can definitely spy on our allies. We put it in an internal memo. That counts, right?
- Convicted on “victim testimony”. Victim recants. No new trial and no recourse. -Augusta, GA.