Yesterday was somber as we remembered our troops, today is somber as we remember our Braves.
Your Morning Reads after the jump…
- Here’s How Memes Went Viral — In the 19th Century (Wired)
- Batman is going to the penitentiary (HuffPo)
- The Exciting World of Insurance Selling (Priceonomics)
- Why Infographics Are Colorful Yelling (Slate)
- Dems love for Liz Warren might make Hillary run moot (New Republic)
- U.S. military wants to create “Iron Man suit” (LA Times)
- A Half-Ton Giant Freshwater Stingray With a 15-Inch Poison Barb, why you scared? (Wired)
- New York’s mayor-elect: Try to be successful, if you dare (Economist)
“Cobb County’s local government has promised to give the Braves’ $450 million worth of tax funds without discussing it in public or without bringing it up at a single public meeting — which of course makes a mockery of the state’s open meetings law. “ -Tom Crawford on Facebook “We’re thrilled to get this done” – Frank Wren, on the signing of Dan Uggla to a five year deal, approximately 1/4th of the Braves Turner Field lease.
- On broken promises and the Ted’s surrounds the rest of the year (AtlantaMagazine)
- Braves furtive glances and decisions made on fear (AtlantaMagazine)
- 13 ways of looking at the move, almost all are bad (Forbes)
- when FORBES and I agree, Barves, you should have a sad,
- Braves move hearkens back to Atlanta’s self-segregation (Grantland),
- as I surrender my citizenship in Braves Nation,
- A baseball team once played here (SBNation),
- I can find other places to drink a beer
- ATL was told give us 450 mill within 48 hours, (AJC)
- were told “no” by the city’s powers, (AJC)
- Infographic shows Barves are bucking a trend, (Deadspin),
- and with this my Braves fandom comes to an end.