On this day in 1916, the first female Congresswoman, Jeannette Rankin, was elected. Also on this day in 1944, FDR was elected for a record fourth term giving him just a little more time to regulate the hell out of our country.
- Jason Carter is in for Guvnah.
- Unsettled municipal races in Cobb County have people candidates and (former) elected officials calling for a recount.
- Athens-Clarke County Commissioner not seeking re-election after 2012 redistricting.
- Mr. Schwartz says Failure to Vote Fails Democracy….I say, ‘Good, ’cause we’re a Republic.’
- Tides turning a tad when it comes to open-courtroom and access restrictions?
- Find a way to support our veterans, like maybe with this cause.
Jimmy (and now Gubernatorial Candidate Jason) Carter
- Wal-Mart is converting more sun into energy than 38 states.
- Unions soon to be part of cushy exemption under ACA? Looks like it.
- Negotiation conversation open again for US and Iran.
- Organizations pushing for marijuana legalization have a goal of 13 more states between now and 2017. I would have though that goal would have been somewhere between 4 and 20. (Okay, that was just terrible.)
- Apparently the ACA website could host only 1,100 users even days before launching.
- And now you can use the ACA for justifying divorce.
- File this under “Not Your Best Judgement”: Two British girls dressed as burning twin towers and won bar costume contest.
- You can start donating your cars to Goodwill again.
- Oopsie daisy. Biden congratulated the wrong guy in Boston Mayoral race.
- Ivy Leaguers looking to tech, not Wall Street.
- Woman grows beard and ‘stache for no-shave-November.
- Savannah wants to know how residents feel about regulation of golf carts and low-speed vehicles.
- Prayers at government meetings. The Supreme Court, a poll and an article.
- This guy thinks it’s a Constitutional right to take ‘up-the-skirt’ photos.
- Teen arrested after disobeying his mom’s demands to get out of bed.
- International repercussions after wife tries to poison mistress?