Happy Halloween!! Here’s hoping some of our elected officials dress up and act like Americans for the day.
On this day in 1941, FDR approved $1 billion in Lend-Lease loans to the Soviet Union in an effort to help allies and stay out of the war.
We continue to pray for the family and friends of Representative Calvin Hill who passed away yesterday.
- Hephzibah Charter Academy gets a big fat ‘no’ from the State Commission.
- That Cherokee County Senate special election is really getting expensive. Especially when you’re paying $74,000+ just for consulting. #ThanksObama.
- Georgia shrimp season is not looking good. But there is a still a shrimp and grits festival in Jekyll.
- Use the AJC voter guide program to build your ballot and learn about your candidates.
- Part 4 of the look at the Georgia non-profit community that picks up a great amount of slack.
- Kennesaw money woes. Do personal finances matter to you in a candidate?
- Putin trumps Obama as Forbes’ Most Powerful Person.
- Backlash from spying and possible threats on trade.
- Solar energy firm bankruptcy? Toxic sites? Stimulus money? You don’t say.
- Red State: “That this bunch of rubes could screw up a very complex IT project is hardly unexpected.”
- Wall between political activity and free speech. Is it coming or going?
Obama didn’t attend Game 6 of the World Series because he hates America. Also, had he attended, we all would have shouted that he spends too much time doing ‘fun’ things.
- Nathan asked that this be included: This is what happens when you get hit in the face with a tank.
- Before you drive that lawnmower drunk, consider how much you’ve had to drink.
- Niece of Joe Biden pulls a Reese Witherspoon. ‘Do you know who I am?’
- NC Congresswoman Ellmers wants to know why men need maternity coverage. No, seriously.
- And under “That won’t make the schools safer…”, this.
- Google is enraged about the NSA spying. LOL.
- The smoking age in NYC has been raised to 21. ‘Cause everyone knows as soon as you turn 21 you suddenly start making excellent decisions.