On this day in 1945, the United Nations was formally established. Boo. I’m sure Eric the Younger is having a party today.
- Pretty fancy: Keenness Mountain National Battlefield Park is getting 42 additional acres.
- A controversial statue at the Georgia Capitol will be finding a new home. Governor Deal calls it a ‘safety issue’.
- Funds approved for Savannah harbor deepening…a cool $8.2 billion.
- Toll tear down to start October 25th. I feel like if you had a video of yourself during your election on the side of the highway shouting ‘Tear Down the Toll’, you should have to get your sledgehammer and ‘tear down the toll!’
- One of the world’s smartest teens is from Columbus.
- It appears that Saxby Chambliss has come up with a BRAND NEW APPROACH to conservative principles. New to him, I suppose.
- Bank of America is liable for fraud in regard to Countrywide Mortgage.
- Morgan Freeman wants to know what the [bleepin'] country tea partiers want to take back.
- Obamacare penalty deadline extended.
- If life isn’t going well, you could always live life as a dog.
- And if you live life as a dog, you can still get your Masters degree. Shady & Stella plan to enroll immediately.
- You can be Twitter troll and you can work in the White House. You just can’t be a Twitter troll who works in the White House.
- Going by your middle name could cost you.
- Aaron’s Rental HQ uses their rent-to-own items to spy on you. Lovely.
- More people to soon be mad at us: Germany presumes US has been spying on Merkel phone, adds to list with Mexico & France.
- Super-soakin’ guilty: Girl arrested in squirt gun attack.
- But the gun market is booming on Instagram. Pew pew pew.
- Common Core curriculum textbook touts labor unions and workplace fairness.