On this day in 1989, a 7.1 Richter magnitude earthquake rattled San Francisco during the San Francisco Giants – Oakland Athletics World Series game. Also on this day in 1989, my mom told my dad to find a new job because she didn’t want to live with the San Francisco shakes anymore. #AtlantaMigrants
- Stefan posted the final 3rd quarter Congressional fundraising numbers last night.
- Sen. Josh McKoon wants a statewide grand jury.
- In Augusta, the commission has taken a few steps closer to implementing evaluations of city administrators for accountability purposes.
- The hearings on the state health contracts continue to be quarrelsome.
- Cherokee School Board member Kelly Marlow (and pals) has been indicted on felony charges.
- Lots and lots, like over 3,800, complaints over student loan payback obstacles in the last year.
- Those states who paid the feds so they could reopen parks during the #shutdown won’t be getting their money back.
- Janitor to CEO…a flamin’ American dream.
- Obama wants 500,000 sign ups by October 31. Go big or have the whole thing #shutdown. No, seriously.
- Not so much a fan of this toilet-themed restaurant in Los Angeles.
- Bacon harms fertility?? Good news? Bad news? You decide.
- You really can quit your job to live your dream if your dream is building a $500 glass house.
- The Cobb County student who was arrested last month for having fishing knives in his vehicle while on school property will have his charges dismissed. Meanwhile, the commissioners denied the request which would allow 5 KSU students sharing a home near campus.
- NSA and drone connections.
- The Supreme Court is weighing whether or not your assets can be frozen before an indictment happens.
- The State of Washington approves a panel for the recreational marijuana industry. Too bad it’s not Washington D.C. as I’m confident they could make better decisions with a little legalization if ya know what I mean.
- Self-defense? Sorry, not here.
- Punishment for being the designated driver? That’ll teach ‘em!!
That concludes the Morning Reads that are in fact better than Ed’s.