Phil Gingrey and #OutofControl Fed

Obamacare & the #OutofControlFed

Washington, DC – On day 10 of the Federal Government shutdown, US Congressman Phil Gingrey called on the Democrats to come to the negotiating table and begin to work towards reigning in an out of control Federal Government. The shutdown has further revealed just how disorganized, unmanageable, overreaching and unfair our Federal Government has become under the Obama Administration.

Through “Obamacare & the #OutofControlFed” Congressman Gingrey will be highlighting evidences of this over the coming weeks, starting with the Ralph and Joyce Spencer in Nevada, who the Federal Government is forcing out of the home that they own. Ralph Spencer is 80 years old and his wife Joyce is 77 and they have lived in their home since the 70s. But the Federal Government is insisting that they vacate their home due to the shutdown. You can read more about the situation they are facing here.

“You have to admit that we have a problem when a retired couple are forced from their own home due to the Democrats unwillingness to apply equal treatment under the law to the American People as they offer to Big Business” said Congressman Gingrey. “The Spencers should not be forced from their homes just like we should not be forced to pay a fine if we don’t sign up for Obamacare.”

Stay tuned for future installments of Obamacare & the #OutofControlFed and join the conversation on Twitter at #OutofControlFed.

Check out this story on CNN about our standing up for what we believe in. Share this on Facebook/Twitter!

1. griftdrift says:

I encourage anyone to do 30 seconds of research on Google about those Lake Mead homes.

Of course it’s wrong. And now we all get to sit here another day, spinning in place, debating about why it’s wrong.

2. David C says:

The sheer chutzpah of people who cheerlead the shutdown like Gingrey as a ‘Braveheart moment’ then decrying when shutting down the government actually has, you know, real consequences for people, is astounding.

3. Noway says:

Obamacare is also having “real consequences” on the people, too, David! Premiums skyrocketing, some people receiving waivers when others do not, the Congress itself being exempted from the very law they enacted, jobs being cut, people being put on part time status to avoid the onerous fiscal burdens that Obamacare brings. This is bad law, pure and simple and it needs to be stopped.

• caroline says:

If all this turns out to be true then it will help the GOP but right now the GOP needs to keep trying to resurrect the confederacy, get out of the 1850’s, quit catering to the crackpots and into the 21st century. If you don’t win elections you don’t get to have a tantrum and bog everybody down.

• Noway says:

Meaning what, Caroline? Wanting to make changes to a LAW that Obama has changed and altered numerous times since its original passage? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it’s ok for Barry to make changes and exemptions to an existing law, but not the Repubs?

• caroline says:

The GOP is wanting to get rid of it or unfund it not wanting to change it. Did you really think he was going to go along with that? It would be like George W. Bush all of a sudden deciding to go along with de-funding the Iraq War. Truly there is a reason the GOP’s numbers are going into Nixon levels. The GOP acts like they really think it is going to be successful and they are going to be shut out of power forever.

• Noway says:

Ok, let’s say the law goes forward. Do you think it’s fair for unions and other big entities to get exemptions from the law? Do you think it’s fair to give business a year’s delay and make individuals like you and me to go ahead and enroll? Do you think it’s fair for Congress to get exemptions? Should everyone have the same rules to play by?

• caroline says:

Congress does not get exemptions. They are only exempt in the same way that everybody else who has employer sponsored healthcare is exempt. And as far as businesses, the GOP has always believed that businesses should be preferential treatment on every piece of legislation. So now they’re doing a 180 on that?

Anyway, the GOP has been shopping a lot of myths when it comes to Obamacare. Here is a wrap up of them. They can explain it better than I can. http://www.factcheck.org/2013/09/obamacare-myths/

• Noway says:

Ok, so companies are not cutting back employees to 28 or 29 part-time hours to avoid having to comply? Hundreds of other companies have not received waivers from having to comply with Obamacare regs? Premiums are not going significantly higher than promised? Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, Caroline!

• Harry says:

What you posted is regime propaganda. In the real world, people can’t afford Obamism – a nasty combination of socialism and fascism.

• benevolus says:

Eu contraire, people all over the world are affording their health care better than we have been with similar systems.

• caroline says:

So Obama controls the whole world everything outside of the pied pipers of talk radio? It is a fact check website.

• NoTeabagging says:

Yes, One family member will have 40% higher premiums Jan.1. High deductible, Healthy, no chance for subsidy and no pre-existing conditions. And the plan will expire and force them into an ACA plan in 2015 if they keep the same company for DOUBLE the 2014 premium rate. No “keeping your old plan” (as promised) and usual rate. Rates typically only rise 10-20% on average. We all hate it, but suddenly the insured are finding their companies are doubling rates for less services. ACA lowered max out of pocket and deductibles, no one told us our rates would double. That take the Affordable out of ACA and puts the BAM! in Obamacare.

What I fail to understand is this, Republican favored Insurance companies and big PAC contributors are suddenly getting to raise rates, and potentially have more subscribers which leads to more profit. Why are they whining?

• caroline says:

Everything favors the insurance companies. Remember the insurance lobbyists are the ones that wrote the bill. The insurance companies should be loving all of this. The problem that this bill does not address is the insurance companies business model which a large part of the problem.

• NoTeabagging says:

Thank you. Yes, I want insurance reform, not health care reform.
          I want an insurance plan that will not quadruple rates when I get sick and force me to drop. I want a plan that rewards me for being a long time, healthy subscriber by giving me a locked in rate so I will stay with them. I want my insurance to pay for the covered services instead of hiring multiple people whose only job is to deny benefits and tell subscribers they have to pay the bill.
          It would be nice to have an insurance Commission and Consumers affairs office in Georgia that has not sold out to the insurance companies and will actually defend the consumers.
          That’s not too much to ask, is it?

• caroline says:

Well, I’m sorry to say that the insurance companies current business model does everything that you do not want it to do. I had a baby in 2001 and it took BCBS of Georgia six months to pay the doctor’s bill because they kept saying they could not find where I had insurance. I was livid. So i had to fight with them to get it paid but like I said it took six months.

Apparently that is TOO much to ask here in GA. Maybe in another state not so much.

• NoTeabagging says:

Yes, BCBS (emphasis on the BS, 😉 ) is the scum of the earth. I had to bypass customer service and go straight to legal to settle misbilled charges from a doctor. I am avoiding them forever more. Their customer dis-service is legendary.

• Scott65 says:

Guess what…the Insurance Commissioner in past times could have helped settle your complaint before Ralph decided not be an ideologue (and a piss poor one at that) . Say what you want about Oxendine…but his office did the job. I know because they helped me. Think about that next time the office of Insurance Commissioner comes up for a vote

• NoTeabagging says:

Scott, glad you received assistance. I did not under the Oxendine years. They refused to look at facts and only quoted back the BCBS BS response to my complaint back to me.

• caroline says:

That is the same problem I had with Oxendine’s office. Interesting. Luckily I have been in the insurance business so I knew how to get around what BCBS was trying to pull. The sales rep blamed customer service people and the customer service people tried to blame the sales rep for the problems. I told them that I was quite aware of how they try to create confusion and to quit doing it. I said I know what you are saying is the standard insurance company lie. That seemed to shut them up.

• Scott65 says:

REAL consequences (not the made up ones)…I got a check for $180 and change because my insurance company did not reach the 80/20 or in GA’s case 70/30 services/admin cost structure, thus I got a refund…..my premiums (I looked them up but will wait till most of the glitches are done with since I have a COUPLE of MONTHS to enroll) will be 200.00 and change LOWER…so, but…short of calling you a liar…we will just call you miss informed

4. caroline says:

I live in this district and all I can say is did CNN try to find the stupidest people in the district or are they that easy to find. The person who says we “need to have discussion” sounds like someone who lives in the twilight zone. Did she completely miss the discussion on the 2012 presidential election about Obamacare? And the one saying that her business is going to be hurt and that her neighbors are going to be hurt by the shut down sounds both clueless and extremely selfish.

• pettifogger says:

How is it clueless or selfish? It may be, but I’m not connecting your comment with what was stated in the article.

• caroline says:

It comes off as her personal vendetta against the ACA is more important than her neighbors getting paid and she even says it is going to hurt her own business because these same people are not going to be able to pay their bills to her company. So she’s willing to let her own business go down and her neighbors suffer because of her vendetta? Does not sound too smart to me.

5. Ramblinwreck says:

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of Gingrey railing about an out of control federal government when he voted for “Cash for Clunkers” twice just to highlight one of his more memorable efforts since he’s been in Congress? He owns a big share of that $17 Trillion debt.

And I have news for him, the federal government was unfair a long time before Obama took office. I’m no Obama fan but every President in my lifetime has contributed their share to the “unfairness”. Obama is just more in-your-face with it.

6. Scott65 says:

It becomes clearer every day come 2015 there will be Senator Nunn, the junior senator from GA. Gingrey leading in the latest polling just makes it clearer. They are all damaged in this stupid fight