On this day in 1957 the Braves beat the Yankees to win the World Series. ::sigh::
- Recipients of free cell phones in Georgia protest potential $5 user fee. Meanwhile, the rest of us are still paying that pesky regular bill.
- Fulton County Schools considers spending $425k for door entry buzzers.
- Did the Johns Creek City Manager assault a citizen after a City Council meeting?
- Loganville wants cash from ARC for car charging stations. Go green or (don’t) go home.
- Kasim Reed has one heck of a war chest.
- GA GOP 1st Vice Chair Michael McNeely says there are plans in place to reach groups that “haven’t voted with us [Republicans] as much in the past”
- Gwinnett County seems to shop around as 2nd area mall defaults and faces restructuring.
- Peach County is having budget issues after courts ruled part of a legislatively-enacted process for the LOST unconstitutional.
- Obama said he’ll negotiate but not ‘with a gun’ to his head. Is that why he wants to ban them??
- But then there are rumors that Boehner and Cantor are planning to ‘give up’.
- New York plans to create ‘text zones’ with over 300 road signs directing folks to the next ‘texting zone’. Yeah, cause those signs don’t cost a thing.
- We (finally) look to reduce nonessential spending and cut millions in aid to Egypt and Egypt condemns the decision.
- Pat Robertson claims that low-carb diets violate God’s principles.
- Perspective on the anti-incumbent wave: “The public likes you best when they hear from you least”.
- California enacts law to allow nurses to perform some abortions and make care ‘more accessible’.
Fresh out of Sweet Tea