Today’s morning reads are only going to be the best of October and November. Sorry for the decline in quality.
Friday marks the 51st anniversary of the Second Vatican Council, one of the most important meetings in human history.
- Congressman Lewis arrested on Tuesday during immigration rights rally.
- Georgia farmers getting hit by the shutdown.
- Paul Broun takes his… special… outlook to CNN in a tense interview with Wolf Blitzer.
- State IT employee “altered and removed” documents related to Governor Deal during ethics investigation.
- Decatur one of the U.S.’ top 10 neighborhoods. Duh, that’s where its greater.
- One of GSU’s most historic buildings is being razed for greenspace. Panthers will soon date themselves by knowing what “rampway” referred to.
- We’re growing more ‘baccy.
- Mara Davis is back on the air (recognizing her name is a good way to date yourself).
- Speaking of former Atlanta radio legends… Rodney Ho has an update on The Kimmer.
- Atlanta municipal elections fundraising update. Arthur Blank is letting councilmembers be graced by his largess.
- Tech frat bro tries to tell his fellow socially awkward bros how to act around chicks… ends up proving that Tech kids are even worse with women than we heretofore assumed.
- This is perhaps the worst segue ever: a fascinating interview with Justice Scalia.