Today’s Morning Reads are like Floyd “Money” Mayweather: The Best Ever.
It’s already been too cold for too long.
- Coke isn’t it! Google is now the world’s most valuable brand.
- Chick-fil-a the slowest–but most accurate–drive thru experience.
- What does the shutdown mean for Georgia?
- David Scott talks shutdown, being one of 535 non-essential employees still going to work.
- Georgia’s “40 Under 40″ recognizes two of my deserving friends.
- 83,000 midstaters lack health insurance.
- Georgia ladies joined WAND in DC to avert the shutdown.
- Cobb DA introduces animal abuse unit.
- Endorsements in municipal races from Georgia Stonewall Democrats.
- Congressman Lewis gets Harvard’s Du Boise Medal.
- Bar Associations are upset that there is just one nominee to a federal judgeship in Georgia is African-American. #ChangeWeCanBelieveIn
- There was some big electronic music festival in Georgia last weekend.
- “There’s simply no excuse, no legitimate reason, no plausible explanation whatsoever for what’s going to happen this weekend in Bryant-Denny Stadium. The best program in college football has no business playing what is quite possibly the worst team in the sport. Georgia State is 0-4 this season, with two of those losses to Samford (31-21) and Jacksonville State (32-26 in OT).” Whatever. They only hate on you if you’re the best.
- I put 20 confidence points on GSU beating ‘Bama in all my football pick ‘em competitions. (That means I have metaphysical certainty GSU will beat ‘Bama.)