Morning Reads for Today Will be Great

Good morning! Summer ended on Sunday which means we are now about to enter the worst part of the year (winter).

Buck Owens “Big in Vegas”.

1. Dave Bearse says:

SRTA provides a few political patronage jobs. There was no muss, no fuss in paying for them with GA4000 toll money. The agency will require out of pocket funding with the end of GA400 tolls since its near term principal function is operating the annual multi-million dollar deficit I-85 HOT lanes. No medium term worries, there soon will be access to the $840M for an I-75 toll road to tide the agency over.

• Scott65 says:

I’ll just be happy when they complete the 400/I-85 interchange that should have been built when 400 was extended into Buckhead. I drove by there today and they are making progress on the last of the flyover ramps…wont be long

2. David C says:

Ladies and gentlemen, er, we’ve just lost the picture, but, uh, what we’ve seen speaks for itself. Georgia has been taken over — “conquered”, if you will — by a master race of giant space ants. It’s difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will consume the captive earth men or merely enslave them. One thing is for certain, there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here.

And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I’d like to remind them that as a trusted internet commenter, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

• Ed says:

You make a compelling argument.

No love for my continuation of the Buck Owens Appreciation Series? (It is going until NYE, unless Charlie fires me first.)

• Ellynn says:

I suffered music abuse as a child when my father replayed endlessly his collection of Johnny Cash, Glenn Campbell, Conway and Loretta, Tammy and George, and Buck Owens. On the weekends, he would play one record all day over and over. Sometimes it was a full length LP, but mostly it was a single 45. One day I had to listen to just the Rhinestone Cowboy on 45 for over 5 hours while he worked on building my brother a bookcase. It pains me to say I can’t listen to any of them with out having flashbacks, although I do understand their greatness. It is common knowledge amoung my friends, family and co-workers that I am not able to listen to County, Western, or any combination there of.

As long as I don’t have to hear it, please carry on with the BOAS. I will be thankful though when I ‘ain’t gonna have Ole Buck to kick around no more’.

3. Ellynn says:

They are not toilet factories. They have names like Casting Plant and Glazing and Firing Center. Thank God my cousins working at Kohler don’t read this… yet.