On this day in 1774, the First Continental Congress convened. Delegates (56 total) from every colony were present, except Georgia.
- The Walton Tribune does a little online poll for the 10th Congressional District race.
- 700 new jobs coming to south Fulton County.
- WAR ON THE ELDERLY: Centerville asks voters to consider eliminating tax breaks for seniors. In Canton, one Councilman is proposing their trash rates be hiked. Tough time to be old, eh?
- Hall County is contemplating putting rifles in local schools.
- Atlanta is tied for 3rd on the list of happiest cities in the country. Clearly they didn’t poll anyone sitting in a vehicle on any road in the Metro area between the hours of 6:55 a.m. and 7:25 p.m.
- Save the arts and vote No! for Milton County.
- Fulton County can’t get their voting rolls together. (Reconsider preceding link).
- Another example of why Republicans can’t have nice things. And why men should never talk about clothes.
- Chickity China, the Chinese Chicken? None for me, thanks.
- CNN goes all WikiPedia on Sarin nerve gas. It’s actually interesting.
- Duquesne University (um?) doesn’t like Geraldo or selfies. Mike Hassinger, please take note.
I did not feel like talking about Sweet Tea today.
- Two elected Georgia PSC officials suggest company donate fine money to pro-life group. Hashtag that’s unConstitutional.
- IRS to begin taxing that ‘gratuity included for parties of 6 or more‘. How ridiculous.
- Are Tasers too aggressive for law enforcement?
- Some good news and some bad news for backyard chickens and property owners in Carroll County.