Ed sent us the following email: “Im running late for a flight I have about 5 links for mrs in there and its set to publish. unsure if ill have time at the lounge to add.if any one wants to fill er out feel free.” Well, he didn’t have time to finish up in the lounge, so Buzz is taking over.
Four more episodes of “Breaking Bad.”
Variations Brillantes for recorder and piano by Ernst Krahmer. (Probably the only place you can easily find this piece.)
- Questionable payments to deal from anti-Obamacare PAC.
- Metro ATL congressman are skeptical of POTUS’ Syria proposal.
- Errol Davis testifies in first APS trial.
- “The Rise of Atlanta’s Strip Club DJs as Music Moguls.”
- How municipalities will provide services independently of the county government.
- KSU’s football program taking shape.
- A sick man commits suicide which provides “progressive” Zaid Jilani the opportunity he’s been waiting for to go after the TEA Party and Governor Deal. Last night our very own Mike Hassinger had had enough:
— Mike Hassinger (@MikeHassinger) September 3, 2013
- From the Daily (subscribe here):
Porter Gets Elected Saturday, ‘Grows In Office’ On Tuesday. At 10:48 AM Tuesday morning Project Q Atlanta announced that Georgia Democrats had elected a “gay marriage bigot” as Party Chair. By 5:04 PM, all was well again as Porter said his hatin’ days are over. “My opinion on marriage equality has evolved like most everyone else’s in the country. People need the right to marry who they love. Period.”
- Also from the Daily (subscribe here):
The Dangers Of Overreacting To a UGA Loss: “Tyler in Atlanta” literally weeps for a UGA loss. (Audio.) This ain’t beanbag, Tyler, this is the SEC. Losing is part of playing. Man up.
- John Barge tells Martha Zoller he’s been courted by some Democrats. Let’s see, word of his pending campaign hits the press on the Friday afternoon before Labor Day, his web folks misspell Governor during the rollout, and now he tells Republicans that Democrats thought he be better off running as a Dem. It’s been a bad couple of days for the Barge campaign.
If you think today’s edition of Morning Reads were awesome, thank me. If not, blame Ed.
Discuss these items and anything else on your mind.